Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
The Flames and Senators could learn a thing or two from the Islanders | The Hockey News

Article is pretty critical of flames ownership and how they are approaching the arena situation

They’re not entirely similar situations but ultimately something needs to get done here... at this point I honestly have no idea what it’s going to look like. Neither side seems interested in having a productive conversation and the owners will wear some serious egg if they start back peddling on their demands.

Hope they figure it out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They’re not entirely similar situations but ultimately something needs to get done here... at this point I honestly have no idea what it’s going to look like. Neither side seems interested in having a productive conversation and the owners will wear some serious egg if they start back peddling on their demands.

Hope they figure it out.
Why would they owners have egg on their face and not the city? We all know that the end result will be somewhere in the middle between the city and team offers.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
These next 6 games coming out of the break are huge, 5/6 of the games are against San Jose, Anaheim x2, Chicago & Minnesota, all teams are ahead of us but within 3 points, hopefully we can pick up as many points as possible in those games.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We need to win 4 of those so we'll probably only win 2 and lose 1 in the SO

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think the next 4 games will define the team. If we're as weak as we've been so far this season, the flames will fall out of contention and I think we should start thinking about the future again. Gulutzen's job is absolutely on the line if he fails to get this roster going over this weekend.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Didn't see it anywhere else, but Hrivik, Mangiapane and Lomberg have all be sent back to Stockton during the off week.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They were speculating on the radio that Hrivik would be the one to be recalled. I have to say, I liked what I saw.
Since I suspect Jagr, Frolik and Versteeg will all still be on IR when the break returns I think we will see at least 2 recalls. I think we see Mangiapane and Hrivik called back up for sure. If they recall a 3rd, I think it might be Klimchuk over Lomberg.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad