Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It was an optional skate. I doubt Wolf is starting personally, makes sense to start him against the Sharks though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It was an optional skate. I doubt Wolf is starting personally, makes sense to start him against the Sharks though.
I wouldn't be shocked if Wolf started without trade talks. Game is vs SJ, he grew up a Sharks fan, not hard to imagine Huska giving him this game to maximize rest for Markstrom and give Wolf a special game

Reactions: Kahvi and Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I wouldn't be shocked if Wolf started without trade talks. Game is vs SJ, he grew up a Sharks fan, not hard to imagine Huska giving him this game to maximize rest for Markstrom and give Wolf a special game

Look at the team that you admired growing up.
Here is a front row seat of them doing their best to defeat you.
Fire is your team now. Forget the water biters.

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Makes the most since and now it seems like its happening. Just seemed odd to start him and put him out on the optional. But I am guessing Markstrom didnt skate the optional because of the potential trade. Vlad cant come off IR until tomorrow so not announcing the trade, if it happens, until tonight makes sense.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think the best part of Kippers # being retired, is the fact that the team couldn't get a hold of him as he wasn't answering their calls, so they had Noodles call him to ask him to call Connie

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If it's been bugging him for a while it's explain his play the last couple years; as it's not uncommon for goalies to delay hip surgery until they have no choice

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
So now if Markstrom is moved at the draft they really need to sign a decent 1B in the summer

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Has been the Wranglers best offensive player this season (mostly because Coronato/Zary/the gang have been in the NHL/tweeners); may as well get the young man some NHL salary for a week!
Thanks, I know he is leading Wranglers pts stats. I watched all handful of games he was called up this year- he looked lost on that 4th line. Is he a top 6 material in the NHL? I doubt it, but maybe he could replace Mangi on that 3rd line? My call up would be Stromgren.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Thanks, I know he is leading Wranglers pts stats. I watched all handful of games he was called up this year- he looked lost on that 4th line. Is he a top 6 material in the NHL? I doubt it, but maybe he could replace Mangi on that 3rd line? My call up would be Stromgren.

At this point it's probably more so giving him a reward of a cup of coffee to finish the season given his strong AHL season than anything else.

Reactions: joescores

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad