Around Hockey XVI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Maybe those Umberger jokes had some truth in them.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ave_surgery_on_hip_and_abdominal_muscles.html

For most of the season, Flyers winger R.J. Umberger has seemed slow and out of sync.

The reason became clear Saturday.

Umberger, 32, will undergo surgery Wednesday on his right hip and abdominal muscles, the Flyers announced.

General manager Ron Hextall said that Umberger had two cam lesions in his right hip, and added that it's not unusual for players to play through that type of injury.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Wow, happened in Columbus. .
The Flyers knew about the condition, Hextall said, when they acquired Umberger and a 2015 fourth-round draft pick from Columbus last June for Scott Hartnell.

"This didn't come out of the blue. It was inevitable last summer," Hextall said. "We knew at the end of the year he would be getting surgery. It's one of those things where you lean on the player. If he's in too much pain and can't perform and you feel like his performance isn't helping, then it's like: 'OK, let's shut him down and get him ready for next year.' "

The abdominal tear, Hextall said, is what slowed Umberger for "months" and eventually shut him down for the season.

"He probably should have come to us a little bit earlier," Hextall said, "but I give him credit that he didn't because he's a tough guy."

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I will go ahead and take credit for the idea of the 3 on 3 extension to OT. Clearly they got it from me. :sarcasm:

Eventually I would like to see a "countdown" over the course of the overtime. Start 4 on4 , then 3 on 3.. all the way to 1 on 1 and then a shootout. I could even imagine someday that the whole third period will be 4 on 4, and overtime will start 3 on 3. Folks will want to see more of the 4 on 4 and 3 on 3, and with games being long enough as is I bet they'll start to change regulation rules eventually.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Glad to see the Devils keep winning. I don't think we pass them at this point. Carolina also picked up a loser point. Would like to see them pass us up too. I think the #5 pick is our "ceiling" right now, barring winning the lottery.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 3h3 hours ago

In anticipation B's facing the Hamburglar, I asked Tuukka Rask strangest thing he's seen thrown on the ice. Answer: "a milk crate" Of course

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 3h3 hours ago

In anticipation B's facing the Hamburglar, I asked Tuukka Rask strangest thing he's seen thrown on the ice. Answer: "a milk crate" Of course

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 5m5 minutes ago
LRT he left out that he threw it

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Wonder who's going to be willing to give him another chance. Cant think too many teams will be offering much for his services, but all you have to do is look at Clarkson's contract and realize smart decisions arent always made :laugh:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think GM's would block his return unless they wanted to send some sort of message that leaving an NHL club for the KHL isn't ok.

I also don't think they're well organized enough to pull that off.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I don't think GM's would block his return unless they wanted to send some sort of message that leaving an NHL club for the KHL isn't ok.

I also don't think they're well organized enough to pull that off.

I don't think they're well organized enough to order a pizza. Kovy will be back.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
;)

Bc1KqGF.jpg

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Flyers win last night but lose Simmonds and MacDonald for the season. Good to see them get 2 pouch but sucks they lost 2 guys.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Feels weird posting this here but in 8 games played for the Ducks, Wiz is a -4 with 3 assists.... tonight, he will be a healthy scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad