Around Hockey XVI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Whoa. Very unexpected.

It doesn't surprise me. Anaheim has a lot of able puckmovers. The only thing Wiz adds to that lineup that they don't already have is the PP QB, and if he isn't getting points in that role he's a liability.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
It doesn't surprise me. Anaheim has a lot of able puckmovers. The only thing Wiz adds to that lineup that they don't already have is the PP QB, and if he isn't getting points in that role he's a liability.

Anyone out there truly believe that Wiz will suit up in a CBJ jersey again, whenever that time may be?... his heart is here. It's evident.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Anyone out there truly believe that Wiz will suit up in a CBJ jersey again, whenever that time may be?... his heart is here. It's evident.

I guess not while Jarmo's in charge.

I don't know about this but I admit to being surprised at the level of dispassion Wiz seems to be playing with. I figured he'd get it sorted out mentally and then get to his game. I know he's not an all-around dominant player, but I expected to see... fire? Didn't see it the other night. I felt like the most he showed in the game here was to acknowledge the crowd after the tribute vid. I admit to getting the same feeling as BLBow, that his heart is here.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I second this.

That's fine. I just don't think he's very good outside of the power play. He was so bad in the playoff series he was crying in his stall. Which shows he cares which is fine but the numbers don't lie. Worst plus minus in the playoffs making big cheese

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
That's fine. I just don't think he's very good outside of the power play. He was so bad in the playoff series he was crying in his stall. Which shows he cares which is fine but the numbers don't lie. Worst plus minus in the playoffs making big cheese

Wasn't he also playing thru a broken foot/dislocated shoulder/ribs?..

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I don't know if numbers lie, but you don't seem to be aware that Wiz usually has better plus/minus, and better Corsi than our other minute-eating d-men.

Meh. Maybe some rib stuff. Everybody is hurt in the playoffs

He had a broken rib, an injured foot, and I haven't verified it but there were reports of a concussion. No, not everybody is that hurt in the playoffs. In the first round very few players, if any, play that hurt.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I don't know if numbers lie, but you don't seem to be aware that Wiz usually has better plus/minus, and better Corsi than our other minute-eating d-men.

He had a broken rib, an injured foot, and I haven't verified it but there were reports of a concussion. No, not everybody is that hurt in the playoffs. In the first round very few players, if any, play that hurt.

I am certainly aware. And I still don't think he's that good at hockey.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Blast from the past...I was just looking at AHL Player Transactions (someone said Milano was hurt and I wanted to see if he showed up on some sort of IR). Right at the top of the list...Oklahoma signed David Ling to a PTO...and he scored a goal in his first AHL game in four years.

That dude has been everywhere...OHL, ECHL, IHL, AHL, NHL, the old Russian league, Switzerland, Sweden, Italy, England and KHL.

40 years old and still playing pro hockey...just one step below the NHL. Impressive!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Nice to know that Sabres fans are as sh**y at home as they are here.

VQLGJOL.gif

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL on NBC ‏@NHLonNBCSports 19s20 seconds ago
With Paquette, Garrison hurt, @TBLightning recall Witkowski, AHL top-10 scorer Marchessault

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't Bergeron play with broken ribs that punctured his lungs in the finals?

I expect that :sarcasm:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad