Around Hockey XIV (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Going through the line all of the Pens players are saying to #61: Rick, did you play in this series? Good game anyways!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Seeing the Rangers win gives me hope. Other than goal I think we match up quite favorably with them. Pittsburgh had lots of chances. Lundqvist was the difference.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I am so jealous of this Lundqvist fellow right now. Schooling them.

Lundqvist won this game. I'd be amazing if Bob can have a career arc like Lundqvist. Lundqvist was just breaking into the league at Bob's age, and had a few so so years before stepping up to elite status.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
What I would like to do now is go on to the Pens board and say:

Guys, I come in peace....

Your team is over rated, just like your fan base:laugh:

but I won't, I don't want to go into the penalty box

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
What I would like to do now is go on to the Pens board and say:

Guys, I come in peace....

Your team is over rated, just like your fan base:laugh:

but I won't, I don't want to go into the penalty box
Can't do it there but we can do it here!!!! lol

The best TV shot of the season, Sidney Crosby skating in circles with a sad face looking for the Pen guy who would start the hand shake line... lol

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Never thought I'd be so eager to root for Boston in a playoff series. Still holding out hope MTL pulls it off though.

Either way, Lundqvist vs Price/Rask is going to be epic!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So you would rather have seen the Pens advance? Crazyville.

Yeah. Why would I want my ex players lead (or supposed to be) by all star CBJ traitor Rick Nash, and lazy underachiever now clutch playoff performer Brassard. It's beyond me why some people are cheering for the Rangers to go all the way, although I could understand this series.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Why the NHL hates the Penguins (other than Sidney Crosby and his antics)...

The Rangers come back from a 3-1 series deficit, win because they play the right way, and the fans boo the entire time the teams shake hands. No respect for their opponent, no respect for their own team. Just get frustrated, throw stuff on the ice, and act like babies when you lose.

The Rangers won it for Marty. To the Penguins, good riddance. Go Habs.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Never thought I'd be so eager to root for Boston in a playoff series. Still holding out hope MTL pulls it off though.

Either way, Lundqvist vs Price/Rask is going to be epic!

Boston vs New York would be a classic.... two orignial six both historical rivals going back over 50 years.... better series than the cup...

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Yeah. Why would I want my ex players lead (or supposed to be) by all star CBJ traitor Rick Nash, and lazy underachiever now clutch playoff performer Brassard. It's beyond me why some people are cheering for the Rangers to go all the way, although I could understand this series.

I rooted for the Rangers for only one reason:

It was Pittsburgh

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I for one will be rooting for the Rangers. Although having Iggy get his Cup could be advantageous to us. The Bruins have guys I don't like. There aren't any guys on the Rangers I really dislike.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I rooted for the Rangers for only one reason:

It was Pittsburgh

I can understand that. IT was a coin flip for me, but I chose Pittsburgh because I felt like they would be the easier elimination later in the playoffs due to MAF. Anything can happen for the Rangers now that Lundqvist is playing like this. And if the Rangers win the cup, it will assure me there is no such thing as 'hockey gods'.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I for one will be rooting for the Rangers. Although having Iggy get his Cup could be advantageous to us. The Bruins have guys I don't like. There aren't any guys on the Rangers I really dislike.

Opposite for me. I like the Bruins alot. Hate almost every Ranger. From MSL, Nash, Brass, ect. The only ones I have a little bit of likeness is Lundqvist and Dominic Moore.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
No respect for their opponent, no respect for their own team. Just get frustrated, throw stuff on the ice, and act like babies when you lose.

In my opinion, a team's fans behave similarly in the stands to how the team does on the ice. When you have a bunch of whining babies on the ice, it follows that they will act like whining babies in the stands just like their players.

There will never be a day when Blue Jackets fans boo their team off the ice at the end of playoff series. We could become the most elite team in the league, but if the guys gave an honest effort and came up short (as I believe the Pens did), we would do exactly as we did this year.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Opposite for me. I like the Bruins alot. Hate almost every Ranger. From MSL, Nash, Brass, ect. The only ones I have a little bit of likeness is Lundqvist and Dominic Moore.

I honestly don't care for many guys on either of those teams, save for Lundqvist, Soderberg, Bergeron, and Zuccarello. So...provided the Broons win tomorrow, one thing is for sure: I definitely want the Cup to go to the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad