Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Complete and utter garbage. Yeah, it's natural to feel frustration of losing. But to basically suggest that Brassard is somehow entitled to his crap play because of losing (the majority of which predated him even being drafted by Columbus)...I don't buy that. That's a massive cop-out.

What the hell did Derick Brassard ever do to change things? How often could you walk away from a game and say "Brassard looked engaged out there" or "Brassard played a strong game"? If I'm feeling especially generous, I'd say 50% of the time. The majority was him basically floating around, barely being bothered to backcheck and only occasionally showing any glimpse of his massive potential.

This is a guy who, coming out of junior, was compared (not just in playing style, but in ceiling) to Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic. And because he got traded, he finally felt like showing up to play on a regular basis. He couldn't do it more than half the time here, and again that's with me being generous, but somehow his three full seasons in Columbus entitled him to basically shut down for extended periods of time.

**** him. And **** everything about him. 309 games doesn't entitle him to a damn thing.

When it comes to fixing the problem, you are one of 2 things, Part of the solution or part of the problem. He just showed which part he was. JD and JK probably already knew that and that is why he is no longer here. Good riddance. We are better without him for the reasons he himself stated.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Complete and utter garbage. Yeah, it's natural to feel frustration of losing. But to basically suggest that Brassard is somehow entitled to his crap play because of losing (the majority of which predated him even being drafted by Columbus)...I don't buy that. That's a massive cop-out.

What the hell did Derick Brassard ever do to change things? How often could you walk away from a game and say "Brassard looked engaged out there" or "Brassard played a strong game"? If I'm feeling especially generous, I'd say 50% of the time. The majority was him basically floating around, barely being bothered to backcheck and only occasionally showing any glimpse of his massive potential.

This is a guy who, coming out of junior, was compared (not just in playing style, but in ceiling) to Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic. And because he got traded, he finally felt like showing up to play on a regular basis. He couldn't do it more than half the time here, and again that's with me being generous, but somehow his three full seasons in Columbus entitled him to basically shut down for extended periods of time.

**** him. And **** everything about him. 309 games doesn't entitle him to a damn thing.

Well said, Brassard is not missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad