Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Rask looked like Mason on a bad day tonight on those 1st 2 goals. First one he falls down and the second one was primarily on Chara but Rask was out of the play, seemed to be very slow in getting back to the other side of the net.

And how about that kid Krug. He is going to be a great one if he continues on this track.

Rangers can't win 4 in a row? Can they?

Yeah he definitely owns some of the blame on the second one, just floated too slowly back to cover his position.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Senators getting pasted again by the Pens.

Turns out the Isles were much more competitive against the Pens, probably owing to their ability to outskate the Penguins.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Senators getting pasted again by the Pens.

Turns out the Isles were much more competitive against the Pens, probably owing to their ability to outskate the Penguins.

Pasting is getting worse, with the Pens D rounding into form and the team gelling with Crosby back in the lineup, they look lightyears better. Also as you said major the Isles speed really gave the Pens headaches, particularly given that they added alot of slow guys with size (Murray, Iginla, Morrow) to match up against the Bruins and the Western Conference.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sens seem to have packed it in. Neil and Turris took stupid "chippy" penalties and since then it's been sleepy. Do the Sens have a push?

EDIT: Needs to be now if they do.

EDIT 2: Guess not. Neal. 5-1. Series over.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Pasting is getting worse, with the Pens D rounding into form and the team gelling with Crosby back in the lineup, they look lightyears better. Also as you said major the Isles speed really gave the Pens headaches, particularly given that they added alot of slow guys with size (Murray, Iginla, Morrow) to match up against the Bruins and the Western Conference.

Pens also had the depth though, to go away from some of those guys and bring in Kennedy and Vitale to match the Isles's skating, and that's when that series separated. Pens have been better dictating matchups based on their lineup rather than attempting to counter the other teams' strengths.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Neal with the Hat Trick to seal the fate of the Sens. Oooh, Aaah, that offense...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Pens would have had 20 goals in the last two games if it was Nabokov in net instead of Anderson. Watch out if the Isles get a goalie.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
And down go the Rangers. :yo::yo::yo:

Brad Richards please take this giant check and find your own way out of MSG.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
DD in Torts' doghouse. Good thing he has all summer for him to fuggedabutit.

Go Wings. Let's get that 18th pick.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Just can't bring myself to root for the wings...

If Detroit wins:

- The NYR pick (held by CBJ) goes from 19th to 18th
- Detroit's pick falls from 18th to 27th or lower, substantially lowering their chances of finding a top-level player

Bizarre as it sounds, a Detroit win may hurt them.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
If Detroit wins:

- Detroit's pick falls from 18th to 27th or lower, substantially lowering their chances of finding a top-level player

We should root for them to win the cup. That would REALLY show them!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Always root against the Wings. This is a value of mine that transcends the Jackets, as I've been rooting against the Wings for almost two decades now.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
If Detroit wins:

Bizarre as it may seem to some, I doubt very much, they are thinking vey seriously about their draft position at this point.:)

You may also count me among the "cannot cheer for the Wings".

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
As hard as it is to root for the wangs..... I was never one to cut my nose off to spite my face

Bunch of peeps here are up for the remake of Cat Ballou

images

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
About to head up to watch the Mooseheads and Winterhawks in the memorial cup finals. Should be a doozy, best teams all year long. Lets go Mooseheads!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Kings look like they are on a triple Red Bull amphetamine cocktail. They are all over the ice. But losing. C'mon Sharks.

Sharks must have had some of that, great third period. 23rd pick still possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad