OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Former Lightning draft pick, current head coach to bolt prospect McKade Webster, and most importantly brother to THE Lightning legend Matt Carle.

Reactions: Hoek

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
1680659786454.png

Wild card race coming down to the wire.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
View attachment 681790
Wild card race coming down to the wire.

This might be the best outcome. Pittsburgh misses entirely, and the Islanders end up in the Atlantic bracket...obviously it's tremendously unlikely the Islanders would beat the Bruins, but it's been a matchup we've had a ton of success with in recent years and, shit, the Isles did beat the Bruins just a couple years ago in the playoffs.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yuck. You didn't have to share this.
Yuck? David Carle is a feel good story. He was drafted by the Bolts in the final round after being diagnosed with enlarged heart which ended his playing career. It's nice to see his coaching career amount to something.

This might be the best outcome. Pittsburgh misses entirely, and the Islanders end up in the Atlantic bracket...obviously it's tremendously unlikely the Islanders would beat the Bruins, but it's been a matchup we've had a ton of success with in recent years and, shit, the Isles did beat the Bruins just a couple years ago in the playoffs.
Still would rather have Florida out because screw those guys. Buffalo and Pittsburgh really f***ing up here.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yuck? David Carle is a feel good story. He was drafted by the Bolts in the final round after being diagnosed with enlarged heart which ended his playing career. It's nice to see his coaching career amount to something.

Still would rather have Florida out because screw those guys. Buffalo and Pittsburgh really f***ing up here.
Ok, I didn't know that. I was simply reliving Carle nightmares. Thank you for making me feel bad now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You know its funny. When the bolts had their great season, it felt like the teams achievement was constantly being diminished because of OT and the shootout. I don't think I've seen a fraction as much discussion about it for boston.
The bubble cup was supposed to be the hardest one to win until TB won it.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Bruins fan here, had a great time in Tampa last week, even though B.U. lost to the Gophers. I drank a lot at Hattricks, and whenever someone saw my "BOSTON" jersey and brought up the Bruins, I told them I often think about the 2019 Lightning. It's the hockey playoffs, after all, I'm a worrywart.

1681127061977.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad