Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I wonder how much pressure McDavid and Draisaitl are feeling. Not just to win, but on how their legacy will be written. I'm sure that's hanging over their heads.
Edmonton has $22 million in cap this off season. RNH is making $6 million alone. They pretty much have to let him walk, or convince him to take a much smaller deal.

But there is an opportunity for Holland to retool the team's depth and defense this off-season.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Edmonton has $22 million in cap this off season. RNH is making $6 million alone. They pretty much have to let him walk, or convince him to take a much smaller deal.

But there is an opportunity for Holland to retool the team's depth and defense this off-season.

I think I just heard Dan Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi's ringtones.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
McDavid just got swept lol triple overtime. Darnell Nurse had 62 mins of ice in only triple OT. Seth Jones last year with 65 from 5 OT. Oilers coaching only trust 4 D man after the jets tied the game.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
After we cheat our way to another, ahem, we'll help Edmonton out and expand our salary cap to 1 billion dollars to get either McDavid or Draisiatl.

It's not fair to the NHL or those players that they don't get to play with Kucherov and Point.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Already going the wrong way.

edit:

Pang's good, but there's a severe lack of personality going on overall.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

RMU is one of those college teams you never hear about, but are a minor league hockey player factory.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It is no longer possible for the Lightning to face the Avs/Golden Knights prior to the Stanley Cup Final. The East winner, whoever it is, finished with fewer points than the Lightning so they'll be the #4 seed if the Lightning (or Panthers/Hurricanes) and Maple Leafs win their divisions.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The IIHF picked the worst chorus to hear non-stop, but the theme for this year's WC's is a lot better than it seems.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Canes v Preds 9:30pm start. WTF?! The can't do 6:30 starts in Canada?

Last edited:

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Outside of their respective broadcast areas and huge Bolt/NHL fans I cant imagine the ratings/advertising sales make sense to do that.
Maybe not, but my guess is that Canada's hockey fans will be watching regardless of what time the North division game starts. Beyond that, in this peculiar year, they are two completely different markets with little intersecting interest until later in the playoffs and so from where I sit this one makes no sense in the US. It's not like the western market gives a shit. It's only in the east that anyone cares at this point.

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
Maybe not, but my guess is that Canada's hockey fans will be watching regardless of what time the North division game starts. Beyond that, in this peculiar year, they are two completely different markets with little intersecting interest until later in the playoffs and so from where I sit this one makes no sense in the US. It's not like the western market gives a shit. It's only in the east that anyone cares at this point.
True, but NBC still has programming time to fill.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Toronto wants to bring this meme back...go Habs! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Macho King
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad