Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
North of the border both Leafs and Oilers lose game 1... Obviously still early but heads are going to fall if either team loses game 2.

Reactions: Devonator

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019

that's a no from me.

Announcer for the Power Play: "It's time for the Iowa Heartlanders' HEART ATTACK!"

And this:
upload_2021-5-21_11-34-27.jpeg

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Latvia up 2-0 on Canada early in the 3rd on NHLN.

Latvian fans are great, it's too bad that they aren't allowing any fans in the arena this year.

Also notice how they're waiting until really late on Friday to suspend Kadri? Typically, you bury news later on Friday. It feels like a relic, and it somewhat is, but the Mon-Fri sports shows are off at least.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lolOilers gameplan of playing McDavid every other shift is falling apart.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tavares injury was the scariest thing I've seen in a while. It's also kind of crazy/lucky that that kind of thing doesn't happen very often, the way players fall down in high speed traffic so often.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I generally stand by my belief that the West matchups we got were the ones most conducive to a potential upset, but the truth appears to be that Colorado and Las Vegas are simply way too good.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I generally stand by my belief that the West matchups we got were the ones most conducive to a potential upset, but the truth appears to be that Colorado and Las Vegas are simply way too good.
Colorado is fast but has no muscle they have like less than 15 hits a game I really think vegas will destroy them. Vegas is on hot streak and have a really nice top 6 amd top 4 d. That will be the team coming from the west

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Colorado is fast but has no muscle they have like less than 15 hits a game I really think vegas will destroy them. Vegas is on hot streak and have a really nice top 6 amd top 4 d. That will be the team coming from the west

We will see. I think Colorado looks like the team to beat imo. Have looked very dangerous up and down the lines and d is good too.

Reactions: gn2007

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Can someone contact the Nashville coach and ask him to stretch this out to 4 or 5 OT's?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Tavares injury was the scariest thing I've seen in a while. It's also kind of crazy/lucky that that kind of thing doesn't happen very often, the way players fall down in high speed traffic so often.
Sad and unfortunate event, I wish him the best.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
While zapping back and forth between the other two games and with the Avs/Blues game in mind that just finished, I once again realize how intense and awesome our series has been so far in comparison.

Reactions: NatoGhost

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
While zapping back and forth between the other two games and with the Avs/Blues game in mind that just finished, I once again realize how intense and awesome our series has been so far in comparison.

I only saw the stat for after one period, but the hits in that game were 8-3 Blues after one period. Literally, 11 recorded hits in one period. Duly noted that hits are at the discretion of arena scorekeeping, but that suggests low numbers regardless. The Avs are very successful without having to do much hitting in that regard, and the Blues aren't known for lacking physicality, either. Whatever it means moving forward, we'll just have to wait and see. Odds are, we're getting that Avs-Golden Knights collision course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad