Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I was curious as well as how a kraken ties into Seattle or the state of Washington. From their website:

That's not really a satisfying answer for what a Scandinavian mythical creature has to do with their city. But if they wanted something different and unique, they certainly got that.

Well shoot it makes a little more sense that way. If there really is a giant octopus there in Puget Sound and it's like a local legend then Kraken isn't too bad then. As long as it's not a meme for the sake of a meme. Florida Panthers, Miami Hurricanes, Florida State Seminoles. They're great names on their own made better by actual ties to the local populous

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What does a Kraken actually look like? It's a cryptozoological being, so we don't have pictures exactly. It's kind of up to the artist, outside a basic framework, isn't it?

If they want to play up the horror aspects, they wouldn't actually have a Kraken as a mascot. You don't show the scary thing if you want to keep it scary.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

John Chayka is out of his mind. People work decades to just be considered for NHL GM jobs, while this guy just says no and leaves. In this economy?

He didn't live up to the fancy stats miracle worker halo that was initially granted to him, but he just signed an extension a year ago and the ownership really seemed to like him.

I don't get it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Chayka stuff on Twitter is interesting because of all the cognitive dissonance. Chayka was absolutely described as an analytics GM. He had nothing else to be hired on, but now fans and media are having to deal with the moves he made and what that means. He's not suddenly an eye test GM now.

There’s no question that not revealing the “full Kraken” was a big discussion, too. The organization wanted some mystery and hasn’t decided if they will ever do it. Will be interesting to see what the mascot looks like.
Don't show the Kraken.

Last edited:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
On the good news side of things, Habs fans are in quasi-Post season form. :naughty::laugh:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Marchand was injured in the 3rd period of Boston’s 4-1 loss to Columbus and left the game and didn’t return. Not sure of the severity

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This dude seems to put stuff out there a lot. Seems irresponsible and mostly baseless.
I think it's more up to the reader to put too much stock into it. He's an MD who is not treating any of these players, but watching video and seeing what got twisted where. There are typical timeframes for someone getting back into the lineup based on their injury, so he's seeing what it looked like may have happened and giving those estimates (he consistently says 4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain for instance).

Marchand did twist his left leg/foot during the check, which was hard to see in full motion.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think it's more up to the reader to put too much stock into it. He's an MD who is not treating any of these players, but watching video and seeing what got twisted where. There are typical timeframes for someone getting back into the lineup based on their injury, so he's seeing what it looked like may have happened and giving those estimates (he consistently says 4-6 weeks for a high ankle sprain for instance).

Marchand did twist his left leg/foot during the check, which was hard to see in full motion.

I mean- according to his bio he is a resident who graduated last year, not someone with a lot of experience treating this stuff.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Florida is losing.

Hence, all is right with the world.

Reactions: Hoek

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
That injury on schiefle looked real bad. I feel for him. Tkachuk is a scumbag and seeing shades of cook. He’s going to end some good players careers and it pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad