Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I. NEED. THAT. NOW. :eek:

I don't pay much attention to Montreal, but I do love to watch the LFR videos by Steve Dangle after a Toronto game. Win or lose, it's loud, sometimes obnoxious yet usually amusing entertainment. :naughty:

Who is your dealer? I WANT IN!!

BTW Dangle is great. If I ever actually had the aptitude to do Lightning material it would be the similar, whimsical fashion that's not meant to be taken seriously. I guess I'm gonna be stuck with a podcast if I ever got around to it

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Who is your dealer? I WANT IN!!

BTW Dangle is great. If I ever actually had the aptitude to do Lightning material it would be the similar, whimsical fashion that's not meant to be taken seriously. I guess I'm gonna be stuck with a podcast if I ever got around to it

You should do some Lightning Material we need that lol

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Was Thorne/Clement the best caster duo ever in hockey? Been watching some old videos, damn they were awesome, especially Thorne's goal calls. And of course I will always associate them with our Cup win in 2004.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Was Thorne/Clement the best caster duo ever in hockey? Been watching some old videos, damn they were awesome, especially Thorne's goal calls. And of course I will always associate them with our Cup win in 2004.

Yes, easily.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I never really was all that nuts about Thorne/Clement. I don't know why it's so hard for a US rights holder to put together a great team of broadcasters. Emrick and Tappen are pretty much all the full-time NBC people I'd want to keep.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Sweet 8 Pound 6-ounce newborn baby Jesus in a manger YES! God I wish he'd come back. I hate listening to Doc sound like someone shot his puppy every time someone wins the Cup with the exception of Martinez's OT goal vs the NYR. I wish Dave Strader had gotten the job. Now I'm basically left hoping I can catch Chris Cuthbert on the broadcast because it'll take a few years but his quirky charm will grow on you.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Man, if Toronto loses at home tonight to McDavid, HF will have 520 errors for HOURS.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Good old Isles' fans. Throwing snakes on the ice at Tavares.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
And to start the game, the ahole chant. Stay classy New York.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
to be fair, JT91 had apparently (the theory goes) decided he was leaving before his final Isles trade deadline but didn't want to be traded either to recoup some assets.

Many Isles fans do believe he lied/mislead them. He says that he wants to be on Long Island, but celebrates fulfilling his childhood dream, etc.

I see it as a Marty thing. They need to boo. Maybe some of them will come around, but they *have* to let him know they aren't happy about this.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That was one of the most fun blowouts I've ever watched (the Leafs one, not ours :P).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad