Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
The funny thing is Kucherov has the brains to be a great defensive winger. When he focuses on it, he's great. But man he will blow the zone the second he sees a 50:50 puck, which isn't what I would call a "two-way forward" attribute.
I can't remember if it was one of our previous seasons or one of the Rangers, but one of those teams would just absolutely NEVER fly the zone when an opportunity presented itself. If you never threaten a breakaway, the defense never has to respect you and back off the attack.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
KHL Metallurg vs Kunlun showed up on my twitter feed. Sustr is listed as in today's lineup.

Caley Chelios' brother Jake is listed as Sustr's d-partner.

Ethen Werek, Brayden Jaw, and Zach Yuen all played for the ECHL Solar Bears, although only Werek is in the lineup for today.

IHL Solar Bears head coach Curt Fraser is head coach for Kunlun as well.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
NSFW, but the story does involve Espo and the Lightning at the end.

also - got Brad Richard's picture with the cup in the back :thumbu:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

There used to be an app called Icebreaker, which was distilled twitter feeds of the top hockey insiders. The creator of it is back with a new release for both iOS and Android with an app called 'Tradebreaker'.

It's also available as a website at tradebreaker.io

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Have you tested Icebreaker and/or Tradebreaker? Worth it?
The app is just the website and the website is just top sources, so given it's all free, I'd say it's worth it to avoid the nonsense.

These types of apps are only really useful near the trade deadline, draft day, July 1st, etc. Not a lot of people impersonating Bobby Mac right now. The app just launched, which is why I bring it up.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Is Kuzy facing any repercussions from the NHL due to him testing positive for coke and being banned 4 years by the IIHF? I’m a bit out of the loop on that front.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is Kuzy facing any repercussions from the NHL due to him testing positive for coke and being banned 4 years by the IIHF? I’m a bit out of the loop on that front.
Bill Daly had a statement right after the IIHF ruling. Since the drug he tested positive for wasn't considered a perfomance enhancer by the NHL, the way the league handles it is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad