Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Thomas Chabot is having some breakout year. Already surpassed his point total last year in 40 less games. Looks like the Sens have got a new weapon on the blueline.

Last year 63 GP - 9 G - 16 A - 25 P
This year 23 GP - 6 G - 20 A - 26 P

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't want to cause panic guys but the Buffalo Sabres are ahead of us and are first in the league.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
The Hockey News evaluated the top rookies in the league yesterday and has both Cirelli and Joseph in top 20. While the Canada-centric hockey press knows that TB is one of the elite teams it sometimes overlooks it's deeper stories, particularly as a team from a non-traditional market that just doesn't sell up there, so it is nice to see that them acknowledging the contributions of both.
NHL Rookie Overview: The Calder Trophy finalists so far, the top 10, the long shots & the goalies - TheHockeyNews

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They have been due for years. Not surprised. It's either going to sustain itself or they'll devolve like Edmonton did

I think somewhere in between. I don't believe they're as good as they're showing now--I think we're seeing the ole "upstart energy" thing, which we saw with TB several years ago--but I think they're a good team and a playoff team.

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think somewhere in between. I don't believe they're as good as they're showing now--I think we're seeing the ole "upstart energy" thing, which we saw with TB several years ago--but I think they're a good team and a playoff team.
I can agree with that. They're going to have ups and downs on the way but I do overall think their time in the wilderness is over and they're going to continue to improve as time goes by

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
How good are the Toronto Maple Leafs.

They are dangerous and will be a hard out in the playoffs. That team is scary. Watch some games.....

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
That team is horrible defensively. Sure, they have some good offense but nothing about the Maple Leafs scares me.

The Leafs have allowed 866 shots against this season so far, which is the 4th most shots against a team has allowed, Tampa has allowed 806 shots against which is the 9th most shots against.

Tampa and Toronto are both among the top 10 worst offenders when it comes to how many shots against they give up. Interesting though that Toronto has a superior team goals against average rate at 0.09 (third best in league) vs Tampa’s 0.11 which is 14th best and very much middle of the pack.

Are you prepared to claim Tampa is also “horrible defensively” too?

Toronto is the 2nd highest scoring team after Colorado with 93 gf, giving up a rather high amount of shots against is voided by the incredibly deep and potent offence.

The Leafs defence is not horrible, this in fashion trend to claim it is is old news.

Reactions: phillipmike

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
LOL...So funny how Maple Leaf fans get offended that the rest of the hockey world doesn't bow down to their team.

Try actually winning something in the playoffs before feeling so entitled to fear and respect.
I really hope the entire hockey world will continue to exalt the Maple Leafs.
Do they want some extra pressure? For me it's not a problem. "That's what I want you to." (quote.)
It's, I don't know, 17-18 year the did not win a playoff series and the last thing they need is the extra pressure.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Leafs have allowed 866 shots against this season so far, which is the 4th most shots against a team has allowed, Tampa has allowed 806 shots against which is the 9th most shots against.

Tampa and Toronto are both among the top 10 worst offenders when it comes to how many shots against they give up. Interesting though that Toronto has a superior team goals against average rate at 0.09 (third best in league) vs Tampa’s 0.11 which is 14th best and very much middle of the pack.

Toronto is the 2nd highest scoring team after Colorado with 93 gf, giving up a rather high amount of shots against is voided by the incredibly deep and potent offence.

The Leafs defence is not horrible, this in fashion trend to claim it is is old news.
Lol Leafs D is shit. Try playing in front of Dominigue and see how your GAA goes.

Imagine using raw shot data in 2018 and thinking you're doing some in depth analysis. For a fanbase that knows so much about hockey, they sure do resort to some stupid f***ing arguments.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Can't wait to have a series against your leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad