Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
Don't worry about Sens fans though. That 3-2 goal the other day brought them enough amusement for a while.
It was pretty funny to witness the rollercoaster in their GDT, though I can't help but feel slightly bad for them, since they aren't New Jersey or Boston fans..

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Bourne: The anatomy of a players-only meeting and what...

I don't know if this article was written before or after the leak, but it seems relevant now. Especially this part:

The best case scenario for a head coach is that the leadership group believes that the accountability and prodding needs to come from players. When you hear that a coach has “lost the room,” that generally means that no matter what the coach is yelling at the players to do, it provides no motivation. It’s always the same voice, the results are always the same, so guys just freelance while the coach yells and on they go. They’re numb.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Funny that it was Raymond that was ripped on in the video.

Wasn't our power play garbage when he coached our team? With MSL, Stamkos, Vinny to work with? I'm thinking back to Boucher's last year when everyone shut out the coaching staff.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Funny that it was Raymond that was ripped on in the video.

Wasn't our power play garbage when he coached our team? With MSL, Stamkos, Vinny to work with? I'm thinking back to Boucher's last year when everyone shut out the coaching staff.

It was really good when we went to the ECF. The last year I cant remember so much. It couldnt have been "good". Just remember our guys tuning Boucher out before being fired.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It was really good when we went to the ECF. The last year I cant remember so much. It couldnt have been "good". Just remember our guys tuning Boucher out before being fired.

Those years are all sort of blended in my brain at this point. We had so many terrible goalies, that I can't remember when Nitty/Roloson/Smith/Ellis/Nabokov etc were active.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks we have lots of goals scored in the league this year? Like, when I take a look at the scoreboard, not just ours, there's always a game with the team scoring 7-9 goals...
I thougt we've been having more defense-oriented games these days in NHL that some fans wanted the net to be bigger.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Prospects of a first-round rematch next season are dwindling. NJ looks like shit.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bought NHL 19 today since it was on PS store for 35€. It has a song from a Finnish band JVG, and they've censored multiple words from song, and the "worst" of those words is probably hullu, meaning crazy. I wonder how many sleepless nights all the small kids playing this game would've had if not for censoring half of that song.

Reactions: JDBolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad