Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Anyone catch Heiskanen's debut yesterday? God damn no wonder they wanted to hold onto him, it's weird seeing such a big skater with so much hustle in his game.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anyone catch Heiskanen's debut yesterday? God damn no wonder they wanted to hold onto him, it's weird seeing such a big skater with so much hustle in his game.
Yeah. He looked like a vet. Smart plays all over the ice.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Justin Faulk doesn't look like the same player.

I've said it all summer, not sure why some people were obsessed with getting him. He's declined every year since his big season and doesn't have the defensive play to excuse lack of production. Carolina should've traded him when defenseman were in demand the past 2 years before his NTC kicked in.

I wouldn't have given up Johnson for him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I've said it all summer, not sure why some people were obsessed with getting him. He's declined every year since his big season and doesn't have the defensive play to excuse lack of production. Carolina should've traded him when defenseman were in demand the past 2 years before his NTC kicked in.

I wouldn't have given up Johnson for him.

I wouldn't now, if these past two games are indicative of what he is now. He generated nothing.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We're playing Vancouver Thursday? This Petterson kid looks like Jo Drouin with a better release. He's been fun to watch, but he might murder us.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Howden, Namestnikov, and DeAngelo all have assists for the Rangers.

Reactions: Ori

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Haven't really noticed him much, honestly.

Toews is a madman this year. Just scored again.

ADD: DeAngelo looks like the new Brad Marchand. He's had a questionable game and finished it off with what might have been a knee on Jared Staal, thus killing the Rangers' chance at a comeback.

It would have been hard to cheer for that guy. I'm glad he's gone.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That was a dumpster fire. The first game kind of was too. Fun games though.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Vegas continues to lose, JAM keeps producing. Guy might very well have MSL-lite career...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vegas continues to lose, JAM keeps producing. Guy might very well have MSL-lite career...
For all the talk of Vegas regressing or whatever, they always pointed to skaters who overperformed.

My feeling was different. After seeing the last 14 years of his career, why would anyone expect Fleury to keep up that level of play when it is by far the outlier? A career .913 goaltender is not going to suddenly turn into a .930 goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad