Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It amazes me how much speed Drouin has lost since going to Montreal.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Brad Marchand just mugged Lars Eller.

In other news, I was totally, totally wrong about Washington having an epic Stanley Cup hangover.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
It amazes me how much speed Drouin has lost since going to Montreal.
It's really something. I thought people were exaggerating last year until I took the time to watch a few Habs games. Jesus. He looked even slower then that tonight.

Reading the Habs board during the game, Drouin was being pointed out as the only guy that didn't look engaged.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anyone catch the Tomas Hertl goal a second ago? Good Lord.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's really something. I thought people were exaggerating last year until I took the time to watch a few Habs games. Jesus. He looked even slower then that tonight.

Reading the Habs board during the game, Drouin was being pointed out as the only guy that didn't look engaged.

It's weird. We knew he had an attitude issue, but his work ethic was always touted. I'm wondering if that "bulking up" weight gain at the first of last year was really just a weight gain. I mean, we don't know. But he's an average skater right now. He was our fastest player.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
It's weird. We knew he had an attitude issue, but his work ethic was always touted. I'm wondering if that "bulking up" weight gain at the first of last year was really just a weight gain. I mean, we don't know. But he's an average skater right now. He was our fastest player.
We all know that we could possibly have the second fastest skater in the NHL. Point was beaten by what 3 tenths of a second, by Connor McDavid?? I might be a couple of tenths of a second off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hertl and Meier both look dangerous as hell for SJ. That team just keeps finding guys.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
I've never been impressed by Calgary but jeez losing to the Canucks like that is just sad. Pettersson is a hell of a player though and is already Vancouver's best player.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That's pretty depressing to hear about Drouin. I didn't like his attitude but was hoping he would grow from that, not shrink. The league is losing a great talent if he continues squandering it like this.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Our fastest player by a margin too, there was a clear difference in speed between Drouin and everyone else including Johnson, Point and Kuch. He looks like he's put on a lot of upperbody mass though and probably not enough leg strength to compensate compared to his smaller frame before.

I think Tampa as an organization kept Drouin on his toes with Yzerman & co. demanding professionalism and responsible play, I mean there was one point where he had earned a leash from Cooper, was trusted out of the dog house and he did work to earn it. Looked like an entitled kid who was just about to mature and had people to keep him in check.

Flashforward to Montreal, they've praised him as a savior, given him free reigns, spoonfed minutes, unpunished mistakes, and a fat contract, they've pretty much reversed the development he made his last 1.5 years in Tampa.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ben Bishop is still a fantastic goalie.

JAM scores; Flip scores. Big night for the alum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad