Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Philly is hot, but I sure as hell don't wanna play them. Them and Washington are two teams I don't want to face in the playoffs. Probably Florida too since they seem to have our # this year

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Eh, Ottawa was hot last year and ran out of gas. Sometimes those bubble teams are just weak bubble teams even if they get in on a tear.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Wow, we got more help today. Go Devils and Go Leafs. We are back in control of our own destiny again. Need to win 3 of the next 4. That would do us wonders.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wings losing too.

It's final, they lost. All the scores went our way tonight!

Last edited:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Only 5-6 games left in the season and I simply have no clue who the Lightning will face in the first round. Still could be one of five different teams!

If they win the Atlantic, it's likely NYI or Philly.

If they finish 2nd, it's Boston or Detroit.

But who really knows?!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
MRW watching hockey tonight

200.gif

Detriot loss, check. Boston loss, check. Florida loss, check! The Hockey Gods must have been smiling down on Tampa tonight

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Caught a nice break tonight. Now we need to take advantage of it vs. Montreal.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Only 5-6 games left in the season and I simply have no clue who the Lightning will face in the first round. Still could be one of five different teams!

If they win the Atlantic, it's likely NYI or Philly.

If they finish 2nd, it's Boston or Detroit.

But who really knows?!

It's screwed up knowing we are are this late into the season and it's mathematically possible for us to miss the playoffs entirely.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I’m happy that we’re back in 1st place but I’m not sure that the risk of playing against NYI or Philly in the 1st round is worth it if our play against them this season is any indication, and man have we sucked big time against them in all areas of the ice. The only game we’ve won against either team was the 1st game of the season in OT against Philly and then that game against NYI where we scored 6 against their backup (and 1 empty netter) but also let in 4 which would cost us to do in the playoffs if their goalie is on a hot streak. I’m not saying that we couldn’t win a best of 7 games series against either team but we cannot play like we have done against those team if we want to win because then it will be a short series that will not end in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad