Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Vinny scores another, Crawford gives up 3 goals in less than 20 shots (so far), win-win :)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can't believe NYI won that game. I stopped watching when it looked hopeless, and that was early in the 3rd.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Even tho I'm tired of seeing LA/CHI win every year and want someone new to win, I'll probably go with the Kings if Tampa doesn't make it/gets knocked out. Gotta love watching Vinny play again. Phili wasted him and scratched him. As soon as he went to L.A he just took off. Glad to see him playing again.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I feel like we should have a frozen four thread since it is in our own back yard. I'm getting pretty excited about it, definitely going to try and make it to a game. Anyone else?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can't believe I have to root for the Rangers tonight. They helped the other night , and can help keep Boston away from us so we can at least secure a divisional spot and home ice possibly.

Looks like we would play the islanders if it ended today. Rather play the 2nd seed, Philly since Cally and Stammer are flyer killers. Anyone who gets the 2nd WC will have the privaledge of facing The Caps, oh fun times.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Really rooting for that meteor tonight because I can't root for the Rags or the Goons.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Can't believe I have to root for the Rangers tonight. They helped the other night , and can help keep Boston away from us so we can at least secure a divisional spot and home ice possibly.

Looks like we would play the islanders if it ended today. Rather play the 2nd seed, Philly since Cally and Stammer are flyer killers. Anyone who gets the 2nd WC will have the privaledge of facing The Caps, oh fun times.

It's funny, because just two weeks ago, I was all-but certain Pittsburgh would end up as that #1 wild card, furthered by Malkin's injury no less, yet here they are, winners of six straight and now #3 in the Metro with a game in hand on the Isles, while the Isles themselves have dropped four in a row, lost their starting goaltender, and are now vulnerable to falling out of the top-8 potentially.

I would've wanted to avoid Pittsburgh at all costs in the first round. The Isles sans Halak? I'm not nearly as reticent towards that, although with two head-to-heads in the final three weeks of season leading into that, well, might change some of the feeling on that (in an amusing way, I guess; if Tampa were to win both games, it lessens the chance of facing NYI in the first round, but if TB loses the games, it can only help in increasing the chances. Holy catch-22, Batman!).

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Ok guys, Florida or Boston? Obviously no 3 point game. I think I'd prefer Boston wins. Keeps us in 1st and makes the race down the stretch more exciting. Would make it a 1 point division between 3 teams.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ok guys, Florida or Boston? Obviously no 3 point game. I think I'd prefer Boston wins. Keeps us in 1st and makes the race down the stretch more exciting. Would make it a 1 point division between 3 teams.

It's hard to root for Boston but I agree.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Depends entirely on whether you think/prefer first place and the matchup that comes with it. If Florida wins in regulation, TB has a three point lead on Boston, plus the tiebreak, with three games in hand on them as well. It would be hard for Tampa not to finish in a home ice spot at that point. If Boston wins, they inch to within one point of Florida and they would own the tiebreak over Florida as well if it came down to that.

There's also the not-impossible scenario where Boston, who has lost four straight, could even slip out of the top-8. They're three points clear of Detroit and Philly, both of whom have game(s) in hand on Boston.

You know? Think I'll take Florida here.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo

Boston for sure.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd say Boston just so we keep #1 but at the same time maybe if Boston keeps losing (they've lost 4 straight) they could miss playoffs completely! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->