OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Nate Thompson just failed to make a pass to someone for an EN goal that would've finished Philly. Puck comes back the other way and Simmonds scores the tying goal with 1.8 seconds left in the game. :troll:

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
SFY knows ALL

elminst.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Strange: seeing a Lecavalier to Montreal thread and not having to go into it angry at the idea.

Not strange: seeing that it was not started by a Montreal fan.

Most strange: seeing Montreal fans wanting nothing to do with Lecavalier

They're still upset he chose Philly over them and that he never wanted to play for them as badly as they wanted him.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Montreal lost again last night. Seems that ship is starting to sink as they regress to what their numbers have said all along.

Honestly I think it's gonna be us fighting Detroit at the end of the year for the division. Montreal is a solid team that will make the playoffs but nowhere near that good and Price makes them better than the rest of the roster suggests.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Montreal lost again last night. Seems that ship is starting to sink as they regress to what their numbers have said all along.

Honestly I think it's gonna be us fighting Detroit at the end of the year for the division. Montreal is a solid team that will make the playoffs but nowhere near that good and Price makes them better than the rest of the roster suggests.

I'm not sold on Detroit staying healthy enough to be in the fight for top spot. I still think Boston is going to find a way into this conversation, like they always do.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not sold on Detroit staying healthy enough to be in the fight for top spot. I still think Boston is going to find a way into this conversation, like they always do.

No one should be writing off Boston. We need to get a commanding lead in case they turn things around.

Tonight's game is important to win for us, because it will put us 3 points into the top spot,and we cannot lost back to back games against Buffalo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Kucherov was involved? Not much really came out other than us having the best offer.

I think that was the assumption because he was our best asset that Florida might still turn down. But I can't remember any actual names leaking out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Washington and NJ are starting to put some pressure on NYR's spot in the standings.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Washington and NJ are starting to put some pressure on NYR's spot in the standings.

Yeah, and the Islanders are rolling, Pittsburgh not so much getting shut out tonight. If things keep playing this way, the two wild cards will go to Atlantic teams, leaving only one spot open for the Rangers and two other teams fighting for that spot. Still too early in the season, anything can happen.

Oh and Islanders fans getting really cocky now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They didn't hire Tortorella :help:

I didn't say Cirque du Soliel. ;) We may never see a season like last year's in Vancouver.

But the Sharks, IMO, sabotaged their season with the whole captaincy thing. They aired some dirty laundry in public, which is sort of what happened in Vancouver, just to a lesser extent.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
I didn't say Cirque du Soliel. ;) We may never see a season like last year's in Vancouver.

But the Sharks, IMO, sabotaged their season with the whole captaincy thing. They aired some dirty laundry in public, which is sort of what happened in Vancouver, just to a lesser extent.

Ah, yes. The whole captaincy issue is looking like quite the gaffe now; they should have just let them keep the C and As or ship them out.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
Bump. Remember when the Bruins were the class of the East? :help:

Seeing them limp along this season makes me nervous.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bump. Remember when the Bruins were the class of the East? :help:

Seeing them limp along this season makes me nervous.

Don't wanna jinx it but if Boston is having a down year, TB needs to capitalize. Bruins defense is crippled and their offense isn't nearly as effective this year, like most, I'm more scared of facing Boston than any other team in the playoffs.

Guaranteed their management will retool and they'll have a big bounceback season next year, Ranger's also lucked out that Boston played Montreal who's like their Kryptonite last year, they were scared to **** of Boston too.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
Don't wanna jinx it but if Boston is having a down year, TB needs to capitalize. Bruins defense is crippled and their offense isn't nearly as effective this year, like most, I'm more scared of facing Boston than any other team in the playoffs.

Guaranteed their management will retool and they'll have a big bounceback season next year, Ranger's also lucked out that Boston played Montreal who's like their Kryptonite last year, they were scared to **** of Boston too.

It just makes me realize how lucky we are that we had guys like Palat and Johnson to step it up and Bishop and Hedman watching the back end. They're out a center and defenseman and I see people on their boards talking about missing the playoffs.

In Yzerman we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad