OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 4h
Hearing lots of interest in #Leafs Phaneuf @ right price. Some clubs tell me they value him btw 5m -6m, meaning Tor must cover remaining $.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5h
Ontario captains on the way out soon? Independent sources say both #Sens and #Leafs shopping Spezza/ Phaneuf to west conf #NHL teams

Interesting stuff. Toronto might actually convince me they're on the right track if they manage to unload the majority of that contract.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 4h
Hearing lots of interest in #Leafs Phaneuf @ right price. Some clubs tell me they value him btw 5m -6m, meaning Tor must cover remaining $.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 5h
Ontario captains on the way out soon? Independent sources say both #Sens and #Leafs shopping Spezza/ Phaneuf to west conf #NHL teams

Interesting stuff. Toronto might actually convince me they're on the right track if they manage to unload the majority of that contract.

Please tell me that we hung up laughing when asked if we had interest in Phaneuf. Talk about overrated and overpaid. The only thing he brings to a team is Elisha Cuthbert.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Please tell me that we hung up laughing when asked if we had interest in Phaneuf. Talk about overrated and overpaid. The only thing he brings to a team is Elisha Cuthbert.

Pretty sure Toronto's only shopping him west anyway. So we're safe.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

He is overhyped and overpaid. He's also still quite a good player, and we would be a better team if he were on it - although cap space would be a huge issue.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Vasi looked very good yesterday against the USA. Can't wait to see this kid in a Lightning uniform.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Joe Smith,
Smith_Joe_wp.jpg
replaces Damian Cristodero as a Lightning beat writer.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/a-brief-intro-from-the-new-lightning-writer/2179359
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I may be in the minority, but I'm much more of the belief that Bylsma isn't the problem in Pittsburgh as much as Shero is.

Bylsma coached a team in 2011 that was missing Crosby and Malkin for, like, the last 1/2 of the season and still got them a 100 point season and home ice spot. The guy can coach. Of course, head coaches only have shelf lives that last for so long and an argument likely exists that says its time for a new voice in the Pittsburgh locker room.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think the two sides in hockey's holy war should be referred to as:

Advanced stats truthers/deniers

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I may be in the minority, but I'm much more of the belief that Bylsma isn't the problem in Pittsburgh as much as Shero is.

Bylsma coached a team in 2011 that was missing Crosby and Malkin for, like, the last 1/2 of the season and still got them a 100 point season and home ice spot. The guy can coach. Of course, head coaches only have shelf lives that last for so long and an argument likely exists that says its time for a new voice in the Pittsburgh locker room.

I agree with you. That team isn't built correctly. Their talent and depth on the wings is a joke, Fleury is a sieve, and the defense is nothing to write home about. The only good thing about that team is the talent and depth at center, but that center talent is crippling the other parts of the team. Shero needs to go and the Pens need to make a choice between Crosby and Malkin (cya Malkin).

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Montreal Canadiens vs New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference Final. This ensures that the East will have a new representative this year. Can't see either team beating LA/Anaheim/Chicago.

Edit: Also first time either of these teams has represented the Eastern Conference since their Cup wins in 1993 and 1994 (Habs and Rags respectively). I'm rooting for...a meteor to hit the arena as I hate both teams and 99% of their fanbases.

Last edited:

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
I don't want Montreal to win and I don't want Marty to win. I'm in a dilemma.
The last 2 teams I wanted, oh well!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Anyone catch the LA organ player playing the Game of Thrones theme? Priceless :laugh:

Aaaand Subban just kissed Pierre.

Last edited:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Words can't describe just how glad I am to see the Bruins knocked out of this postseason. I'm not Habs fan and I'm still annoyed about the opening round (we all are, of course), but at least they did something good with what they did to the Lightning.

I'm not saying I'll root for the Rangers but I won't root for the Habs under any remaining circumstances in this playoff year.

--

in line for a new thread in time for the Conference Finals. Good stuff.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
For the first time in my life I'll be cheering for Montreal. Yes. I hate Marty St. Louis that much.

In other news, seeing MTL take down BOS eases the sting of the sweep a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad