OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Krueger let go in EDM and Dallas Eakins from the Toronto organization (AHL) is brought in.

Dallas Eakins born in Dade City, FL.

MVXijnl.jpg

Flor-i-da! Flor-i-da! Flor-i-da!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Antero Niittymaki becomes a scout with the Philadelphia.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673065

I was trying to think of where Ralph Krueger could do the best and outside of NHL assistant or AHL head coach or whatever, I think he could do really well in junior. The closest comparison to his Swiss national team background would be with junior hockey. Pro hockey is fragmented because of free agency, junior is much more 'contained' in comparison. It's not like the definition of who is Swiss changed overnight.

Last edited:

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Krueger let go in EDM and Dallas Eakins from the Toronto organization (AHL) is brought in.

If this Oilers regime ever stops barfing all over themselves long enough to start winning games, I'm going to be so mad. That organization has done everything wrong year after year and will probably still end up winning Cups because this league rewards long-term incompetence.

When you listen to MacTavish's reasoning for firing Krueger, he sounds like a GM whose decisions come to him in a dream (either that or he's a terrible liar). Shoulda slapped that helmet on sooner, Mac.

And yet, because of their pile of recent high picks, players and coaches want to come work for what is a total sideshow of an organization.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If this Oilers regime ever stops barfing all over themselves long enough to start winning games, I'm going to be so mad. That organization has done everything wrong year after year and will probably still end up winning Cups because this league rewards long-term incompetence.

When you listen to MacTavish's reasoning for firing Krueger, he sounds like a GM whose decisions come to him in a dream (either that or he's a terrible liar). Shoulda slapped that helmet on sooner, Mac.

And yet, because of their pile of recent high picks, players and coaches want to come work for what is a total sideshow of an organization.

MacT just took over a few weeks ago. If Krueger wasn't his guy, he wasn't his guy.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
MacT just took over a few weeks ago. If Krueger wasn't his guy, he wasn't his guy.

That's fine, almost every GM hires his own coach. That isn't really the basis of what happened though.

Don't bring in a bunch of "associate coach" interviews under the guise that you're gonna keep the same coach around, then claim you had some "epiphany" that you want to go in a different direction.

It makes you look knee-jerk reactive or slimy. I'm not sure which is worse.

MacT has been with the org for a while. If interviewing 2 assistants makes you want to fire your current coach, you either weren't thinking hard enough about it going in or you want to CYA for bringing in a new guy. Nothing about the move inspires any confidence. Just can Krueger right off the bat.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
That's fine, almost every GM hires his own coach. That isn't really the basis of what happened though.

Don't bring in a bunch of "associate coach" interviews under the guise that you're gonna keep the same coach around, then claim you had some "epiphany" that you want to go in a different direction.

It makes you look knee-jerk reactive or slimy. I'm not sure which is worse.

MacT has been with the org for a while. If interviewing 2 assistants makes you want to fire your current coach, you either weren't thinking hard enough about it going in or you want to CYA for bringing in a new guy. Nothing about the move inspires any confidence. Just can Krueger right off the bat.

Maybe in the interview process, he saw that Krueger didn't stack up.

btw, if any of you know someone capable of coaching in the ECHL, send them Orlando's way.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Did terrible after he left the Lightning. Did he reject a contract from the Lightning or was he simply released?
Lundin didn't get a QO in 2011 but IIRC he was offered a contract by Yzerman but declined in order to play for the Minnesota Wild at a home team discount.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Did terrible after he left the Lightning. Did he reject a contract from the Lightning or was he simply released?

Yzerman liked him, but thought he might get too much through salary arbitration so he let him become a ufa. Yzerman still ended up offering him a multiyear deal that paid more each season than what he got from the Wild, but he chose them anyway.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
He would have been a solid 2nd pairing or 3rd pairing guy if he stayed here. Oh well, what an idiot.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I can't think of anything going on in hockey today, so here's St. Louis Blues mascot Louie playing with a baby.

Last edited:

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Kinda random question but just curious as to when will HF re-do the layout to represent the new divisions. Will it be right after the Cup Finals or a little later into the off-season?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Kinda random question but just curious as to when will HF re-do the layout to represent the new divisions. Will it be right after the Cup Finals or a little later into the off-season?

I don't know. I figure it'll happen once we know the divisions names, which should be around the schedule release next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad