Post-Game Talk: Arooooo 3 @ Canucks 2 || Horvat scored so there's that.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
F3TVbZf.png

xX2Yn0E.png

Qgyarqo.png

3DgG5rE.png

1. Bo Scores!!!
  2. Dank loses teeth
  3. Dank scores!!
  4. WD's first coach challenge win
  5. Weber defending

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
The Good:
- I didn't watch it live so I could FF
- Bo make goal
- Sedins' make beauty goal

The Bad:
- The "defense" on AZ's 2nd and 3rd
- Playing Dorsett's line when down a goal late in the 3rd
- Most things tbh

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Weber needs to be benched. Same goes for Bartkowski. Man wouldn't a Garrison be a great addition to this dcore....

Hopefully I can wake up and see that Aquilinni cleaned house and rid us of JimBo and co.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
- Nice to see Bo get off the Schnide. He's been working "real hard" and finally gets a greasy one.
- Dank is a god damn warrior.
pN9h06w.png

- Higgins did stuff tonight.
- Biega = top 4 easy
- This was easily Kenins best game this season. This was the Kenins that we saw last season before he suffered his rib/body injury. I hope there is more of this to come.
- Weber sucked... again.
- Marky Mark completely and totally whiffed on that non-goal. Yikes.
- Crowd was quite boisterous tonight due to all the cheap tickets. Heard scalpers were selling them as cheap as 2 tix for 20 bucks.

Just not enough quality scoring chances tonight but not for lack of effort.

Entertaining game though and the wave was started extremely easily.

Next up Eddie Lack's Hurricanes.

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Just got back from the game. Thought Markstrom looked good despite the 4(ish) goals against. Bo was good, showed hustle and strength. Higgans played a good game. Dorsett played a good game too, really drove that line with kenins and McCann. D was weak in front of the net, and that's what killed us. I was twenty feet from where Daniel went down, there was a trail of blood. Then he came back and played one hell of a game. Wellwoodian! Oh, and Hansen is playing so well, for Hansen. A better Hansen would be so good with the Sedins.

Last edited:

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
- Nice to see Bo get off the Schnide. He's been working "real hard" and finally gets a greasy one.
- Dank is a god damn warrior.
pN9h06w.png

- Higgins did stuff tonight.
- Biega = top 4 easy
- This was easily Kenins best game this season. This was the Kenins that we saw last season before he suffered his rib/body injury. I hope there is more of this to come.
- Weber sucked... again.
- Marky Mark completely and totally whiffed on that non-goal. Yikes.
- Crowd was quite boisterous tonight due to all the cheap tickets. Heard scalpers were selling them as cheap as 2 tix for 20 bucks.

Just not enough quality scoring chances tonight but not for lack of effort.

Entertaining game though and the wave was started extremely easily.

Next up Eddie Lack's Hurricanes.

Should've added Willie's challenge to my "The Good"-list as it saved Marky from a really bad one ending up on his record. Are we reaching for straws (positives)? Nah, I don't think so ;)

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Was at this one, and had good seats! Did my best to stay off the sauce, and pay as much attention as I could to... you know, the hockey part.

- Twins/Hansen were fantastic. Should go without saying
- Kenins was, IMO, the 4th best forward on the team tonight. If he plays like this on a regular basis, he's absolutely an NHL'er
- Horvat and McCann had good games
- On the back-end, Biega continues to impress, and Tanev had another solid game

- Weber, Bartkowski and Higgins were just... not good hockey players tonight. Especially Bartkowski. He has to be the odd man out when the D is healthy. And in the interim, I'd much rather have Pedan in there. Bart is a catastrophe down low
- Burrows isn't an impact player anymore. He just off-loads the puck whenever he gets it, and is almost always a step behind the play. It's sad to see, but it was inevitable
- Vey whiffed on two solid chances, and had a poor game after a few mediocre ones

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Was at this one, and had good seats! Did my best to stay off the sauce, and pay as much attention as I could to... you know, the hockey part.

- Twins/Hansen were fantastic. Should go without saying
- Kenins was, IMO, the 4th best forward on the team tonight. If he plays like this on a regular basis, he's absolutely an NHL'er
- Horvat and McCann had good games
- On the back-end, Biega continues to impress, and Tanev had another solid game

- Weber, Bartkowski and Higgins were just... not good hockey players tonight. Especially Bartkowski. He has to be the odd man out when the D is healthy. And in the interim, I'd much rather have Pedan in there. Bart is a catastrophe down low
- Burrows isn't an impact player anymore. He just off-loads the puck whenever he gets it, and is almost always a step behind the play. It's sad to see, but it was inevitable
- Vey whiffed on two solid chances, and had a poor game after a few mediocre ones

Probably one of Higgy's best games in recent memory tbh.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Bo Horvat now leads the league in plus/minus. He is a -19. He is ranked #774 out of #774.

25zsf81.jpg

That is incredibly awful. Like, words can't describe how awful that is. For a guy who was supposed to be defensively sound, a -19 at the halfway point of the season is always incomprehensible. I am not bad mouthing the guy, I am just gobsmacked by how bad of a sophomore year he is having.

It's way too long and way too bad of a streak for people to just write it off as a "sophomore slump". There is cleary something wrong.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Bo Horvat now leads the league in plus/minus. He is a -19. He is ranked #774 out of #774.

That is incredibly awful. Like, words can't describe how awful that is. For a guy who was supposed to be defensively sound, a -19 at the halfway point of the season is always incomprehensible. I am not bad mouthing the guy, I am just gobsmacked by how bad of a sophomore year he is having.

It's way too long and way too bad of a streak for people to just write it off as a "sophomore slump". There is cleary something wrong.

Too much, too soon. They put him in a position to struggle, and then watched it happen.

That, and some bad luck running against him.

You can see him slowly try to crawl out of it now. Stringing 5 or 6 good games together.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
- Don't understand why they changed the PP and put Sedins on the triggers. They are reluctant to shoot, it makes no sense. They put Vrbata in the middle of the ice where he's pretty much useless and Edler continues to get his shot blocked high.

- Higgins was having his first good game in a while but then he disappeared after his fly-by in front of our net led to ARI's 2nd goal.

- Kenins looked almost as good as he did in his good stretch last season. Skated well, hard on the boards, and got a couple of them tricky shots off.

- Why is Dorsett playing like 16-17 minutes? Why is he out with 3 minutes left? Willie totally butchered the end of the game. I know McCann got a good scoring chance but that doesn't justify his decision. He could have given the Sedins the O-zone FO coming out the commercial break and then taken a time-out to give them the last shift with the goalie out. Instead, they only played 1 minute of the last 3:30 because we couldn't get control of the puck.

- Biega might have been our best player tonight, he continues to impress. He's starting to look like a smaller but feistier Tanev. Edler and Tanev were good overall but did not look very good on the two ARI goals that went in while they were on the ice.

- Baertschi gave the bottom-9 a big boost offensively when he started to play well, his injury was really unfortunate. That 2nd line with Horvat and Vrbata looked like it was building some chemistry. Now it's back to looking like nobody except the Sedins will create goals.

- Nice to see Bo end the drought. He's not where we want him to be yet but definitely has been better the past 3 weeks or so.

How did Henrik not get an assist on Bo's goal? Pretty weird.

To me, unassisted is the right call. IMO that was the ARI D-man having possession and not a deflection. If the puck was cleared out instead of hitting Bo, and then we scored, Henrik wouldn't have got the assist. Just because it was a bang-bang play doesn't mean it wasn't possession.

Last edited:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
if daniel sedin was canadian-born, he'd be the lead story for coaches corner on saturday...as it stands it'll just add to their local legend status

that's about my only key takeaway from an entertainment perspective that i got from this otherwise putrid hockey game

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Very impressed by a couple guys I've been hard on this year. Kenins played his best game in a long time, he was creating chances offensively and throwing his weight around.

Higgins also looked better offensively, though was floating around on two goals defensively.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Canucks are:

-in a 6 way tie for least wins in the league

-tied for 25th in point percentage (with the Canes who visit on Wednesday)

-29th in regulation wins (one up on the leafs)

-25th in GF/G

-23rd in GA/G

-25th in PP%

-24th in PK%

-18th in Shots/G

-23rd in Shots against/G

-dead last in faceoff %age

-21st in team SV%

-24th in goal differential

-23rd in even strength goal differential

When 18th in shots/G is your crowning glory.....yikes.

Really it's hilarious how bad the Pacific has been. They should be completely dead and buried by this point like they essentially are for the wildcards.

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
Anyone have Shane Doan's alltime stats versus Vancouver? Seems like he always plays well versus the Canucks, much like Milan Hedjuk, Brian Rolston and Marian Gaborik did in his prime.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Agreed. Setting up Biega and recovering the puck to set up Vey are two plays that comes to mind.

Last night Higgins showed me that he can still be an effective NHL player. One that is head and shoulders better than Dorsett could ever dream of becoming.

And Vrbata showed me in the Sabres game (the one right after Hank blasted the team) that he is also a good NHL player.

What this tells me is that the core isn't stale. The core just doesn't believe in our current management and aside from our top line, just couldn't be bothered to put in 100% effort in the majority of games.

And seriously, who can blame them...

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Higgins just does his best to keep the puck along the boards. Same with burrows.

Theres guys have like 4 goals in 60 games. For 6.5 million

Keep blaming dorsett and bary and horvat lelel

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
People arnt even watching the games. Horvat is better than higgins and burrows and theyre dragging him down.

I havnt seen burrows or higgins deke an opposing player since 2013. Get the puck on the boards. And change so they dont look bad.

Would waive both of them for gaunce and grenier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad