Post-Game Talk: Arooooo 3 @ Canucks 2 || Horvat scored so there's that.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Burrows and Higgins not being 2007-2010 Canucks drafted players in the age of 23-26 is why this team is toxic, we all know who that's on.

all 4 of them are garbage, I'd take dorsett 10/10 over higgins

we know you like worse hockey players you don't have to keep telling us

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Higgins would be fine on the 4th line IMO, but he's past 3rd line territory at this point if he keeps playing this way.

I'd still take him over Dorsett, though.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Burrows higgins prust dorsett all need to leave this team.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Kudos to Daniel for toughing it out and putting one in the back of the net.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
you're incredibly wrong if you don't consider those 2 NHL players.

I'll take it advice from others, whether or not they're NHL players any more....but they're not scoring 5 on 5 and not even getting chances.....they're penalty killers supposedly, except that the Canucks are one of the worst teams in the league on the penalty kill....my worry is their wheels....they're getting caught from behind and stripped....they can't get in on the forecheck.....realize these guys have been warriors in the past, but the watching them these days is very sad, really.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Burrows is bad now, but no Canucks fan should call him garbage

And he's still better than our 4th liners. Keeping him around isn't a problem unless you are as deluded as management and think his salary is the difference between this team and a contender. Low to negative sale value so keep him, only one year more and the team should be tanking rebuilding properly anyway and well out of the playoffs.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Higgins and Burrows have been positive for the majority of their contract.
Pretty sure we can't say the same for Dorsett and Prust.

I rather bave Burrows and Higgins be on the 4th than those two idiots.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Higgins and Burrows have been positive for the majority of their contract.
Pretty sure we can't say the same for Dorsett and Prust.

I rather bave Burrows and Higgins be on the 4th than those two idiots.

Ehhh, all four are questionable.

I love Burrows but that contract is a stinker.

The Canucks management for 20 years keeps screwing the franchise over, there's really nothing new here.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Ehhh, all four are questionable.

I love Burrows but that contract is a stinker.

The Canucks management for 20 years keeps screwing the franchise over, there's really nothing new here.

Burrows contract was front loaded. He's down to 3m this year, which isn't too bad. The salary cap rules make it seem like a bad contract but in the real world he's more or less been paid what he's worth, with his contract going down as he ages.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Burrows contract was front loaded. He's down to 3m this year, which isn't too bad. The salary cap rules make it seem like a bad contract but in the real world he's more or less been paid what he's worth, with his contract going down as he ages.

Oh I don't have a problem with actual dollars paid, it's more so it's kind of pointless if you give him a full NTC. Doesn't allow you to move him to a more cap conscious team.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Burrows hasn't played up to value for any portion of this contract. He deserved the contract for sure but it turned immediately.

Higgins has up until this season. this season he has been atrocious.

Dorsett is on pace for 14points this year.

Prust will be gone within 2 months.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Prust has very decent ability as a 4th liner

And Higgins and Burrows would be elite 4th liners.
These two guys have more offensive ability than Dorsett can dream of.

Dorsett looks better partially due to how he is deployed.

The only thing Dorsett is good at is snarling and starting pointless scrums.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Dorsett is an acceptable 4th liner, Hansen would be an elite 4th liner. Yet Dorsett is making more.

If you're going to spend 2.5m, you can get a player like Hansen or Richardson, rather than Dorsett. Dorsett shouldn't be making more than 1-1.5m

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
They're all bad. Burrows Higgins Dorsett Prust.

If I had to keep one it would be Burrows or Dorsett. Higgins is so snake bit, he is done.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If possible, Dorsett is the one you get rid of first because he has the longest term.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Really dorsett and Prust make people ill?

Chris Higgins has done that since 2012 to me

Burrows and Higgins not being 2007-2010 Canucks drafted players in the age of 23-26 is why this team is toxic, we all know who that's on.

all 4 of them are garbage, I'd take dorsett 10/10 over higgins

You're welcome to that incorrect evaluation. I'd take Higgins. Even with his _current_ conversion rate.

The money allocated to the 4th line should make you ill. 6m in wasted salary. At least Higgins has a track record of producing like a middle6 forward over multiple years. That cannot be said of Prust or Dorsett. Both of which make the same or more than Higgins...

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Past tense, yes I'd agree with that.

I don't think I'd take Dorsett at the minimum right now. Guy is a total non factor. Cashed in his paycheque last season and is on cruise control now.

Prust at least has some skill for a 4th liner and is gone after this year. Three more years of Dorsett. :shakehead :facepalm :benning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad