Post-Game Talk: Armia channels all the remaining power in Montreal to net a hat trick and lead Habs to the win

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
As usual.

What is it with the West Island and it being so darn easy to lose power.

Anyone know?
It's flat. The airport is close. Winds blows strongly there. ... just a 2 cents theory.

edit : mountains on the south, mountains on the north. That canalise the center with all the power of these storms, like what happens often in Gatineau. A large river is flat and winds take speed. The west island gets it all in the face.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Bro MSL can barely motivate them to play 2 periods a game. You think he can motivate Armia?
I always said Armia have everything. And I mean everything. The size, the speed, the skills and the shot. I could even include hockey IQ.
Why he doesn't use that is a greater secret than the Caramilk and the Great Pyramids.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I always said Armia have everything. And I mean everything. The size, the speed, the skills and the shot. I could even include hockey IQ.
Why he doesn't use that is a greater secret than the Caramilk and the Great Pyramids.
If Armia had hockey IQ, it might have even transcended his tinman, minimal effort disappearing acts.

He’s unfortunately just another of these NHL players blessed with incredible tools but who was never able to put them together over any meaningful period of time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think I found the secret to unlock Armia’s potential. We need to get him some of this red seaweed.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Just finished watching the game now. I wasn't able to watch it live. It's unfortunate we grabbed the points we don't need. But I blame Pezzetta for establishing the compete level of his team tonight with that massive hit early in the game and the subsequent tussle with Wilson that followed. Takes real cahones dropping the gloves with Wilson.

It's pretty difficult not to raise your own levels after having been lead by example.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just finished watching the game now. I wasn't able to watch it live. It's unfortunate we grabbed the points we don't need. But I blame Pezzetta for establishing the compete level of his team tonight with that massive hit early in the game and the subsequent tussle with Wilson that followed. Takes real cahones dropping the gloves with Wilson. IMO It's difficult not to raise your own levels after having been lead by example.
It's a compendium of factors, I would humbly submit.

Management clearly doesn't care about where we draft. If they did, they would have sat down with Marty and devised a plan that involved giving Primeau the bulk of remaining games, granting Wideman the most minutes on D, diminish RHP's TOI (good reason to, he had a non-contact jersey a few hours ago), etc.

It can't be that they need to win these final games so badly, it won't make a difference. But, they're acting as if it will so too bad so sad, let them finish 7th or whatever. If they don't care, why should we?

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

Management clearly doesn't care about where we draft. If they did, they would have sat down with Marty and devised a plan that involved giving Primeau the bulk of remaining games, granting Wideman the most minutes on D, diminish RHP's TOI (good reason to, he had a non-contact jersey a few hours ago), etc.

It can't be that they need to win these final games so badly, it won't make a difference. But, they're acting as if it will so too bad so sad, let them finish 7th or whatever. If they don't care, why should we?

I humbly and embarrassedly admit, your using of the word "compendium" has me feeling strange and confused inside, LOL Nice!!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

Once they realized top3 pre-lottery was out, they probably decided against gaming the draft order.

Tanking is so perverse and broken. I’m certain the draft mechanism will change within the next ten years, it’s unsustainable.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Once they realized top3 pre-lottery was out, they probably decided against gaming the draft order.

Tanking is so perverse and broken. I’m certain the draft mechanism will change within the next ten years, it’s unsustainable.
I hate this whole tanking fantasy that every fan base of teams that are out of it, are entertaining. I’m hoping for a model that involves teams having a built-in incentive to play at their best until the end. I know it can be devised, I don’t know if there is an appetite for it.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and ReHabs

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
ARRRMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

seinfeld-george.gif

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
You guys got some many damn tree’s. Always the same bullshit in the west island bro.
Trees are a good thing. Westmount has loads and they don’t have an outage. It’s all about maintenance and staffing rather than pocketing the money.

Geez a few wins at the wrong time and our two picks look much worse just as Cooley is potentially showing he might have bern the better choice. I suspect Hughes was worrying more about balancing size then long term potential and Slaf could be a unicorn.

Probably tough to motivate Washington with Ovi always talking about what a great guy Putin is.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
You guys got some many damn tree’s. Always the same bullshit in the west island bro.
The house I grew up in was built in 1966, on the West Island, and we moved-in in 1968. The whole neighborhood was newly built, and all trees were removed, yet that did not stop constant power outages back then. In fact, we had no power for a week when we were supposed to be getting ready for the final exams in high school.
Samo, samo.
Then we moved in 1986 to Toronto, and there were no power outages. Go figure.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

It's sustainable because the NHL doesn't give a shit. See Bettman's "teams don't tank" comments. They only brought in a lottery because even they became embarrassed at the tanking efforts of teams in the 80s and early 90s, and realized that it looked competitively bad for the league.

Modern day draft - that of drafting 18 year olds - started in 1979 - 39 years ago. The efforts that teams took to be last in the league to draft Mario Lemieux was a disgrace to hockey in 83-84, but it worked out quite well for the Pens didn't it.

It took until 1994-1995 for the NHL to introduce the draft lottery, and teams still tank, because ultimately it's worth it.

Reactions: ReHabs

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Armia and speed? He's extremely slow...

He got super good board play skills, anything with the puck but he doesn't know what to do with it and isn't fast enough to makes something out of it himself most of the time

It works for highlight goals when it does, but very circumstantial

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No, it was Armia. Suzuki tied up the centers stick, and Armia reached in and grabbed the puck from between them, and poked it to RHP.

Washington was just terrible tonight. They were passing it to Montreal more than their own guys.

I mean even Drouin was stealing pucks.
Close enough for me. :laugh:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad