Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Mk. II - Now Paging Derek Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
CGT and Pitt should consider a Mangiapane / Rust swap. They get a much-needed NHL-ready LW with high upside, we get a much-needed middle six RW.

I'd try something a little different, but slightly higher quality of that trade. Kylington for Sprong. A cheap defenceman with pretty high potential for a RW forward who is potential top 6 who I believe is waiver eligible if he doesn't make Pitts team. From what I understand, their RW is pretty solid, and their depth at D is pretty weak. It'd be two players who are pretty close to being on the cusp of making the bigs, and Pitts is going to benefit from having a good D depth option (potentially even NHL this year on their team) that could help alleviate their cap problems.

It'd be one of our top prospects for one of theirs. Kyl could definitely end up being a very good player, but with our D depth, it's our best option to trade from.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lazar is just a throw-in at this point. Got 1-year left on his contract, and hasn't shown much yet at the NHL level. Kind of a make-or-break year for him

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think at the very least we’d have to add Valimaki to Brodie + Bennett for Stone. Even then, I’m not sure Brodie is the right piece, assuming the Sens are rebuilding.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
One half of my brain: "There is no chance we get Mark Stone with Brodie as the main piece. They'd need something way better than that."

The other half of my brain: "We got Dougie Hamilton with a mid-first being the main piece. They don't want to give him the contract he's earned."

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Stone trade will come to pass. Put your faith in JMarshyBosco93. He's the insider.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Stone trade will come to pass. Put your faith in JMarshyBosco93. He's the insider.

I put my faith in Dorion and Melnyk being idiots.

Plus if they move Karlsson, they'll be desperate to find a defenseman to hold down the fort. Yes they could get one back but their defense is looking awful. (let's say Shea Theodore like TSN was assuming).

Theodore-Ceci
Chabot-Claesson
Boroweicki-Harpur

That's really, really bad.

Even if they keep Karlsson, that needs an upgrade. Then again, their forward corp really isn't much to write home about.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Theodore-Ceci
Chabot-Claesson
Boroweicki-Harpur

Even if they keep Karlsson, that needs an upgrade. Then again, their forward corp really isn't much to write home about.
Man, that's a LOT of pressure on Chabot to become the guy.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'm a bigger fan of Bennett than most. But if all it took to land Stone was Brodie+Bennett, I wouldn't even bat an eyelash. Stone is a legit top line RW (who also shoots Right :eek:)

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I put my faith in Dorion and Melnyk being idiots.

Plus if they move Karlsson, they'll be desperate to find a defenseman to hold down the fort. Yes they could get one back but their defense is looking awful. (let's say Shea Theodore like TSN was assuming).

Theodore-Ceci
Chabot-Claesson
Boroweicki-Harpur

giphy.gif

Theodore on a top pairing? Guy is legit worse in his zone than Bartkowski, dead f***ing serious.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
So that was interesting...

Pierre LeBrun says the Flames have been in conversations with the Hurricanes with the names of Dougie Hamilton, Elias Lindholm and potentially Noah Hanifin being involved.

Darren Dreger goes on to say seconds later that Hamilton WILL be traded, although I think I might've misspoke at that specific moment.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
So that was interesting...

Pierre LeBrun says the Flames have been in conversations with the Hurricanes with the names of Dougie Hamilton, Elias Lindholm and potentially Noah Hanifin being involved.

Darren Dreger goes on to say seconds later that Hamilton WILL be traded, although I think I might've misspoke at that specific moment.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad