Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
What is your realistic floor and ceiling projection for him?
Floor - 40 point 3rd liner who can play on your 2nd PP unit and set up a ton of scoring chances with his high hockey IQ and elite vision.
Ceiling - 65-75 point fringe first liner with elite playmaking ability and very good vision and IQ. Very gritty and will get in on the forecheck with ease. The more important the game, the better he is. Poor mans Marchand if you will.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
No, I’m very high on Pelletier. Maybe there’s a bit of bias but I’ve seen him live at least 50 times and he’s gonna be a stud.

I loved him at the WJC camp from what I saw. He’s a lot faster than I thought he was.

I think it’s because he’s one of those guys who has hockey IQ and understands you don’t need to go fast all the time at higher levels. But he turned on the jets a few times against good players.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Floor - 40 point 3rd liner who can play on your 2nd PP unit and set up a ton of scoring chances with his high hockey IQ and elite vision.
Ceiling - 65-75 point fringe first liner with elite playmaking ability and very good vision and IQ. Very gritty and will get in on the forecheck with ease. The more important the game, the better he is. Poor mans Marchand if you will.

My sense of Pelletier is that he’s every bit as good a prospect as Baertschi was for us. And for those that remember, Sven was ranked our top prospect ahead of Gaudreau.

Man had Sven panned out and become that Hossa type of player for us, this team would be look so different right now. However we did get Andersson for Sven.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
My sense of Pelletier is that he’s every bit as good a prospect as Baertschi was for us. And for those that remember, Sven was ranked our top prospect ahead of Gaudreau.

Man had Sven panned out and become that Hossa type of player for us, this team would be look so different right now. However we did get Andersson for Sven.
Ah man you just triggered some very bad memories. I was so high on Sven. But it should be taken with a grain of salt I only seen limited viewings of him so I just kind of went with the conscious, but when I seen him he was electric. I really believe Pelletier will translate better though. He seems to have gotten even better and up his intensity even higher, I firmly believe he’ll be hanging around camp for longer than most expect. I could honestly see him get a few games even, but that’s more of a pipe dream with the depth we added in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Cool. If we can line him up with a couple of top- level wingers, -1 finisher/ attacker and 1 playmaking/ puck-hound/ positionally sound- and hope for Pelletier to compete with all his skills at the NHL level. We are looking stronger for the future in-house. With this outcome and hopes for Lindholm reaching a new level of production ( again ) at center, I like the idea of offering Money plus? To Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk and Batherson, depending on the add required. If only I Ottawa sees it as viable.
Picture possibilities of: B Tkchk- Lindy-M Tkchk,
JG - BENNY-Mangiapane
Dube-Backlund-Batherson
Looch-Ryan-Simon/Leivo
/ Nordstrom

Last edited:

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Cool. If we can line him up with a couple of top- level wingers, -1 finisher/ attacker and 1 playmaking/ puck-hound/ positionally sound- and hope for Pelletier to compete with all his skills at the NHL level. We are looking stronger for the future in-house. With this outcome and hopes for Lindholm reaching a new level of production ( again ) at center, I like the idea of offering Money plus? To Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk and Batherson, depending on the add required. If only I Ottawa sees it as viable.
Picture possibilities of: B Tkchk- Lindy-M Tkchk,
JG - BENNY-Mangiapane
Dube-Backlund-Batherson
Looch-Ryan-Simon/Leivo
/ Nordstrom
Say no more, I’m sold. But in all seriousness that’d be amazing. We’d 100% have to add a similar piece to Batherson going the other way, Kylington maybe?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

Tell that to my retro Baertschi jersey hanging in my closet. When I wear it out, people assume its my last name (like I'd be that guy) very sad indeed.

Reactions: tmurfin

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
From youngest prospect to oldest player I’d say this is the deepest Flames team since the 80’s. But the core is still a fair ways away from that late 80s core.

I am excited to see what a #1 goalie and improved bottom forward depth can do for our top guys. I feel we are possibly close to something pretty good.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

After 5 yrs, Bennett hasnt scored 40 yet....that's a pretty high floor...just saying

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Working on Gaudreau for JT Miller now. Sacrilege.
giphy.gif

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I drafted Johnny and Monny back to back Rnd 1 and 2 in the 2019 playoff pool.

Reactions: Dack

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Any idea on how the D pairs will stack up this year? And more specifically the role Hanifin will play?

Thanks

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I heard yesterday (Fan960.. Brian Burke) thst there is a strong possibility that the NHL will allow the Cdn teams to increase their roster size to 26 players.
Now we know why Treliving has been signing so many veteran depth players... players that won't mind watching games from the press box but are good enough to step in the next day if/when injuries happen.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Any idea on how the D pairs will stack up this year? And more specifically the role Hanifin will play?

Thanks
My personal opinion is that it will be the following left/right combinations..

Giordano- Andersson
Hanifin- Tanev
Kylington- Valimak
Nesterov- Petrovic

....unless there's a trade before the season starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad