Armchair GM III: No more stinky deadline rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
why not be a seller for ones , we have so many wingers with potentials for 1 or 2 line : Jurco , Pulu, Mantha , Svech, Tatar, Nyquist , AA. We can trade 2 of those for 1st rounder or so To get 1st line defenseman it just not realistic

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
why not be a seller for ones , we have so many wingers with potentials for 1 or 2 line : Jurco , Pulu, Mantha , Svech, Tatar, Nyquist , AA. We can trade 2 of those for 1st rounder or so To get 1st line defenseman it just not realistic

So many teams are technically fighting for the playoffs throughout the season, though, that the number of teams looking to deal such a guy is squashed, and it also means that for the few teams that are looking to deal, they stand a good chance of getting an inflated return. Maybe we can pull off a trade for a guy like Buff, but any hope for a serious move on the blueline will probably have to wait until the off-season. If we're moving guys off the roster, it's probably going to be Helm and/or Kindl/Smith.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Khan said a few times it's unlikely we make a trade due to our cap restraints.

J15

Mar 18, 2009

All of those players (with the exception of AA/Jurco/Pulk) are worth more than a first on their own. Do people forgot how much we paid for Legwand, Quincey etc...

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
13.15M in cap space

Need to reup:

DK (2.2)
Sheahan (.95)
Mrazek (.74)
Marchenko (.67)
Pulks (.74)

Need to replace:
KFQ
Brichards
Helm
Andersson

Big contracts on the books
Z 6.083
Dats 7.5
Green 6
Howard 5.3
Goose 4.75
Abby 4.25
E 4.25
Franzen 4
Smith 2.75

That is... not an enviable position to be in.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
13.15M in cap space

Need to reup:

DK (2.2)
Sheahan (.95)
Mrazek (.74)
Marchenko (.67)
Pulks (.74)

Need to replace:
KFQ
Brichards
Helm
Andersson

Z 6.083
Dats 7.5
Green 6
Howard 5.3
Goose 4.75
Abby 4.25
E 4.25
Franzen 4
Smith 2.75

I would imagine that Franzen will be LTIRed for the rest of his career most likely.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
All of those players (with the exception of AA/Jurco/Pulk) are worth more than a first on their own. Do people forgot how much we paid for Legwand, Quincey etc...

Probably more likely cost you a Kindl and Emmerton. I think Wings can survive such a huge blow such as that... :laugh:

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
13.15M in cap space

Need to reup:

DK (2.2) - 5yr / 5M
Sheahan (.95) - 2yr / 2.5M
Mrazek (.74) - 2yr / 3.5M
Marchenko (.67) - 2yr / ~1M
Pulks (.74) - 1yr / ~1M

Need to replace:
KFQ - UFA / Ouellet
Brichards - Mantha
Helm - AA
Andersson - Nosek

Z 6.083
Dats 7.5
Green 6
Howard 5.3 - Should be dealt
Goose 4.75
Abby 4.25
E 4.25
Franzen 4 - Will be LTIR'd
Smith 2.75

I'm not saying it's the best spot in the league, but it's not all bad. Those raises, which are pretty reasonable I think, total up to about 7.63M. That leaves 5.52M to spend, without considering Franzen's situation.

A guy like Nyquist could just as easily be swung in a package for a defensemen.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I'm not saying it's the best spot in the league, but it's not all bad. Those raises, which are pretty reasonable I think, total up to about 7.63M. That leaves 5.52M to spend, without considering Franzen's situation.

A guy like Nyquist could just as easily be swung in a package for a defensemen.

Not when your GM is Ken Holland.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Well you don't think he will make any kind of impact deal, so you are pretty much barking up the wrong thread anyway.

Well isn't everyone barking up the wrong thread since the Wings self inflicted cap hell makes it impossible for them to make any trades?

And since Kenny would only trade picks and prospects for some garbage vet, that means nothing will happen.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well isn't everyone barking up the wrong thread since the Wings self inflicted cap hell makes it impossible for them to make any trades?

And since Kenny would only trade picks and prospects for some garbage vet, that means nothing will happen.

I think the entire point of this thread is to discuss moves that could help the team, regardless of if we think Holland is actually going to perform the moves we want or not. Cap space doesn't make it impossible to make a trade. It just means there are more hoops to jump through because the team can't take on cap to acquire someone.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Khan said a few times it's unlikely we make a trade due to our cap restraints.

Well with both Miller and Franzen on LTIR we've close to $2M in cap space to spend. We could easily afford Vatanen if we did Nyquist straight for him other pieces most likely salary for salary we could move Helm and Quincey and open up cap. I disagree that nothing can be done. Hollands the best when working around the cap in the business.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
He should've been there since day one for what we're paying him.

The "problem" is Blashill loves the 4f 1d PP units, so in order to get on the top unit Kronwall would have to get bumped to the #2, which would be a pretty bodacious move to make days into his first season.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The "problem" is Blashill loves the 4f 1d PP units, so in order to get on the top unit Kronwall would have to get bumped to the #2, which would be a pretty bodacious move to make days into his first season.

Point well taken, With Kronwall being the #1 D i guess it makes sense that he's on the 1st PP unit though i still think that Green should be the most logical choice here.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
13.15M in cap space

Need to reup:

DK (2.2)
Sheahan (.95)
Mrazek (.74)
Marchenko (.67)
Pulks (.74)

Need to replace:
KFQ
Brichards
Helm
Andersson

Z 6.083
Dats 7.5
Green 6
Howard 5.3
Goose 4.75
Abby 4.25
E 4.25
Franzen 4
Smith 2.75

Doesn't look too bad. If we can get Mrazek to take a sensible bridge-deal we should be fine. I mean Sheahan isn't playing himself into a big payday, and both marchenko and Pulkkinen should get minimal raises.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Maybe because of the surgery, Blash would limit Kronner's TOI. If greener does well on the PP, maybe they would consider moving Kronner to the 2nd PP, Save him for the PO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad