Armchair GM Draft, 2019 (Discussion Only)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Middle of the pack baby! I'll take it. I think everyone saw how long @KIRK's writeup was and just assumed his roster was good.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Middle of the pack baby! I'll take it. I think everyone saw how long @KIRK's writeup was and just assumed his roster was good.

I'd almost be worried about your trash talk and having to face you in Round 2 if I didn't know Patrick Roy was going to shut down all of your wanna be scorers. :razz:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd almost be worried about your trash talk and having to face you in Round 2 if I didn't know Patrick Roy was going to shut down all of your wanna be scorers. :razz:

Yeah I'm still pissed you have Roy. Maybe a non-concussed Stevens can run him.

Reactions: KIRK

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
All the 1st round threads are up. I've posted each roster and line combos in the first post of each so you don't have to jump back and forth from the roster thread to the series thread.

I took the lineups directly from the Roster threads, except BMC, I basically made it up via "first picked - first served".

If you want to make any lineup changes, you can mention that in the series thread and I can try to get around to editing it into the lines posted.

First Round Series

Armchair GM Playoffs- Rd 1- Squaw Valley Precursor (8) vs Inglewood Jacks (9)
Armchair GM Playoffs- Rd 1- Bjugstad Biggies (7) vs Boston Burping Zambonis (10)
Armchair GM Playoffs- Rd 1- Doblett of Fire (6) vs Puck Time Pilots (11)
Armchair GM Playoffs- Rd 1- Thicc Johnsons (5) vs Hab Haters (12)

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Here's the brackets if anyone wanted to map out their path to glory:
upload_2019-3-13_13-44-27.png

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
If anyone that is following along, and think you might want to join in next year, (providing we do it again) shoot me a PM, and I will keep you in mind for next season. Next one will probably be '1974-to present, with 400 game minimum to be eligible.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My votes are in.

A couple of the matchups were really tough, because I looked for style and personnel advantages in each matchup.

I also wanted to assign proper consideration to discrepancies in net but with an eye towards the talent of one team that each goalie of the other would be facing.

All of the decisions involved a lot of thought, but that 8 v 9 of Squaw Valley versus Inglewood was SUPER tough.

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Don't forget that when voting winner of the series, also state in how many games. These are 7 game series. So , 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, or 4-3.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Only 5 voters in so far.

Don't forget to vote!!!! This should be a lot easier than the rankings. Just one team vs. another to choose from, per series.

Reactions: sarge88

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The first tie breaker will be the series predictions of how many games. That will be added up and hopefully breaks the tie.

2nd tie breaker will be if one team participated in voting, and the other team did not. Then the voting teams "given" vote for it's own team will break the tie. If still tied after that, tbd, haha.

@DegenX

Still waiting on votes from these teams.

@Honour Over Glory, @BMC, @TropicalFruitGirl2, and @Fenway

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The first tie breaker will be the series predictions of how many games. That will be added up and hopefully breaks the tie.

2nd tie breaker will be if one team participated in voting, and the other team did not. Then the voting teams "given" vote for it's own team will break the tie. If still tied after that, tbd, haha.

@DegenX

Still waiting on votes from these teams.

@Honour Over Glory, @BMC, @TropicalFruitGirl2, and @Fenway

Sorry what the the 2nd tie breaker mean? Do you mean if I voted in other series (not my own), that I get a tie breaker vs the other team in my series if that user didn't vote in the other series?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Sorry what the the 2nd tie breaker mean? Do you mean if I voted in other series (not my own), that I get a tie breaker vs the other team in my series if that user didn't vote in the other series?

Sorry for not being clear.

DO NOT VOTE on your own series. It is assumed that everyone will vote for their own team. So that is given, and no need to vote on your own series.

However, if in a particular series, one team did participate in voting for the other series. and another did not send in any votes for this particular round, then the GM that did participate, will win the tied series. (as the 2nd tie breaker, first will be series games added up)

Hoping that will encourage people to vote.. If you don't care enough to vote on the others teams, and just cared about your own team, then that will be penalized.

Does that make sense?

Reactions: sarge88

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Forget Penguins-Capitals.

You want something REALLY personal?

Try Skating Jabronis-Doblett of Fire.

That one's been PERSONAL from the day Jabroni's GM Kirk slashed the tires of the prized all terrain vehicle owned by Doblett of Fire GM @Shady Machine

f282dcd6-9b5c-4386-a707-2be626902b72_1.f2e8bb5f0d883233237e511d06a9b379.jpeg

Since then, there have been more similar acts committed by both GM's, most notoriously when @Shady Machine Machine sabotaged Kirk's Red Rider BB Gun, thus causing Kirk to almost shoot his eye out.

And now, after all the wars on and off the ice, the feud comes to an end in a monumental best of 7 Armchair GM series between the Skating Jabronis and Doblett of Fire.

Oh, this it's on . . . this **** is on . . .

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad