Armchair GM Draft, 2019 (Discussion Only)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Im sure Fenway has. He was my notification mate in the last ATD baseball draft, and he never failed to notify me during the duration.

Oh, I know he did. That was more of a shot at Asuna. :razz:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Didn’t have my phone with me. Was thinking about using my eight hour window to see if your head explodes having to wait...

Make others mad...

See KIRK’s head explode...

Juice is worth the squeeze!

Don't you dare . . . :rant:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Kevin Lowe was definitely a tremendous Defensive dmen for the Oilers dynasty. He really gave them stability. I like that pick.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I had Lowe and Weber lined up for my picks, but I decided I needed an elite type power forward to complete my top line first.

This seems much harder than the baseball draft.

Still not sure why.

Might be because the positions and batting positions are much more defined in baseball ?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This seems much harder than the baseball draft.

Still not sure why.

Might be because the positions and batting positions are much more defined in baseball ?

Probably because things get a lot less clear cut a lot more quickly.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah.

Much tougher to stick with a plan.

Plus more teams muddles things faster.

Honestly, after seeing how this went early, I decided-- and I may be 100% off-- that the best approach is to draft a core of like 8 players and then complement from there.

I think a lot of these players can play a couple of different styles, so there's a little flexibility too.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey @td_ice, is it still page 1 where we can find the updated picks?

Obviously, if we see a few blank that we know picked just ahead, then we have to check the most recent posts for the most recent picks.

Reactions: td_ice

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Honestly, after seeing how this went early, I decided-- and I may be 100% off-- that the best approach is to draft a core of like 8 players and then complement from there.

I think a lot of these players can play a couple of different styles, so there's a little flexibility too.

TBH....I started with one plan, but had to change when 2 guys I thought would be there in 2 and 3 weren’t.

Oh well...
Still lots of fun!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad