Speculation: Armchair GM 2023 Off-Season Edition: The Summer Without Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Forget Wolf, we need to call up M Vernon from the Wranglers!

I saw they have him in camp right now, he's likely just holding a spot until Dansk goes down, but still must make Dad proud!

Speaking of goalies, did Chechelev get any camp time? I had thought he'd get some AHL time year

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Forget Wolf, we need to call up M Vernon from the Wranglers!

I saw they have him in camp right now, he's likely just holding a spot until Dansk goes down, but still must make Dad proud!

Speaking of goalies, did Chechelev get any camp time? I had thought he'd get some AHL time year
In 2 years he's shown next to no improvement in the ECHL and has yet to receive an ELC, after 2 AHL one-year contracts he didn't receive one for this year. He'll become a UFA on June 1, when we don't offer him an ELC

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Opening night is in 9 days.

Looks like the trade Lindholm crowd will have their fingers crossed praying this doesn't happen...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Goaltender Oscar Dansk, defenceman Colton Poolman, and forwards Clark Bishop and Ben Jones placed on waivers today.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

The Flames held trade talks with teams in the off-season, but the asking price – which remains unknown – was considered too high at the time, according to one NHL source. It is unclear what the Flames are looking for now.

It's very clear what the Flames are looking for now - to trade Vladar. Markstrom isn't as broken as he was last season so no need for the parachute.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It may be other team re-engaging in talks too. Spencer Martin has been terrible for Columbus so far and w/ the Avs uding Georgiev for every minute so far and leaving on a short east coast road trip they might wan a better option than Prosvetov. And of course other teams may be looking too.

Reactions: Fig

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
For those that thought the same lineup being coached by a head coach who was originally hired because he coached the Flames style of play being managed by a GM who was trained by the last GM would result in things being different...

I guess not.

Its too late to actually undo the original issue which was extending Huberdeau instead of flipping him , signing Kadri which resulted in having to include a 1st in order to get rid of Monahan's contract, but they need to relook at where this team is actually heading and sell off Lindholm and Hanifin before they do additional stupid things.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Hanifin should be in the area of Dunn (7.35), Toews (7.25), Lindholm (6.5) and Severson (6.25). So that’s the range I’m predicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille