LeBrun: Arizona, Vancouver, Colorado and Dallas are among the teams interested in Burakovsky

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'd love to see something around Edler going back in exchange for Burakovsky and Bowey. Canucks likely need to add something else, with maybe a pick coming back. Granlund???

Edler + Granlund for Burakovsky + Bowey + 2nd?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That doesn't make any sense for Washington.

If they move Bura it'll be for an established Top 9 forward not another reclamation project.

I think that’s fan hope and GMBM’s goal. That may not end up being the offer they get (leading to him staying with the Caps through the season).

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Except he’s got less than 1/3 of the cap hit.

I was referring to the player - not the cap hit. The cap hit - whatever is - is only worth it if the player actually performs. Neither player has done so (at a consistent level) this season. A player could be making league minimum, but teams still wouldn't be interested if the guy is playing like Burakovsky and Goldobin are.

If your best sales pitch for a player is that he doesn't cost much, well...

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Adding Burakovsky could help a few of those teams into the playoffs. Probably only for a 2nd or 3rd round pick as well.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I was referring to the player - not the cap hit. The cap hit - whatever is - is only worth it if the player actually performs. Neither player has done so (at a consistent level) this season. A player could be making league minimum, but teams still wouldn't be interested if the guy is playing like Burakovsky and Goldobin are.

If your best sales pitch for a player is that he doesn't cost much, well...

You’d be a fool to think cap hits don’t factor into trade values, especially for a team such as Washington being right up against the cap. They’d save $2M+ in a swap of Burakovsky/Goldobin and wouldn’t skip a beat. If two players are producing at a similar clip and bring similar attributes to the table, the cheaper option is most likely going to be the desired option.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I doubt Tampa would of traded Hedman for Duchy after Duchy put up 50+ points his first year. Homer post
That's not a homer post. I would take EP over any of those other prospects without even blinking. And yes I know Heiskenen should be amazing. I don't care that this is EPs first year. He is that good.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Seems like it’s either trade for another similar reclamation project or hope for a draft pick maybe someone gives you a 3rd (or just keep him and hope for the best).

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Goldobin has 23 points in 44 games this year. They're not going to get better than a reclamation project for Burakovsky because Burakovsky himself is only a reclamation project.
33% of Goldobin’s points are on the PP. An opportunity he absolutely will not get in Washington. The Caps would be better off keeping Burakovsky who has at least shown the ability (previously) to contribute at ES.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I don’t think there’s a bidding war for Burakovsky... capitals should trade him (or keep him) for whatever player they think makes better sense... Goldobin, Nichushkin etc. None of these players are established so no sense upping a return. Take it or leave it.
This does make a modicum of sense but I think all fanbases in any of these trades would be more upset about what they think they are trading away then what they know they are getting.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This does make a modicum of sense but I think all fanbases in any of these trades would be more upset about what they think they are trading away then what they know they are getting.
True... it’s a roll of the dice. Maybe he needs to be added to a larger deal as more of a sweetener. Sounds more like what the caps are looking for is something they can throw into their lineup now and help.

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
EP is soooo good, he could get Cody Mcleod 40 points. Like I know people joke about the Gretzky and Mcdavid comps but there is some truth to it. The kid could EASILY be the best player from that draft and for a Van team with a spotty track record in that department it could be franchise changing.

I'm super happy Gold found success early in the year but I feel like there is a very good reason Van has been trying to pull a fast one and him so badly this quick before people figure out what the real cause of his success was.
I think that's mostly true, certainly he looked good playing with The Alien. He does have real NHL skills.

Coach Green is throwing a wrench in those plans though, so it may not be entirely the case in the real world, but it seems to be the case in HF trade boards world.

I'd be happy with Burakovsky straight up. It's not like Goldy is seeing much ice these days anyways; and, the Nucks have plenty of time tweak the roster.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Some caps fans were wondering about getting Beagle back over on the Nucks board.

What about:

Burakovsky
Boyd

for

Beagle
Goldobin

? Beagle contract to long for the caps?
Boyd's a non starter. Caps fans are seeing good things in his game at center, he has real good vision. Beagle served the Caps well, but he and his game are not frozen in time. Caps have no need for him especially at what he currently makes. Not interested!

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I can’t see how that makes a ton of sense for Washington.

It does. Goldobin is not trash, he is 22/23 years old and on pace for 43 points in his first full NHL season. He is incredibly skilled and I will personally be pissed if he is given away. If you feel the same way about Andre Burakovsky then it may make some sense.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
It does. Goldobin is not trash, he is 22/23 years old and on pace for 43 points in his first full NHL season. He is incredibly skilled and I will personally be pissed if he is given away. If you feel the same way about Andre Burakovsky then it may make some sense.
I don’t think it makes sense because it’s not really the type of player that we need right now. I wouldn’t really be against it but he wouldn’t be playing in the top 6 and he doesn’t have any size or defensive ability.

It’s just a wash really which I can’t see being something BMac would do. I know the salary has been brought up but they’re both free agents after this season and I doubt they’ll make much more than one another.

But who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad