LeBrun: Arizona, Vancouver, Colorado and Dallas are among the teams interested in Burakovsky

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Some caps fans were wondering about getting Beagle back over on the Nucks board.

What about:

Burakovsky
Boyd

for

Beagle
Goldobin

? Beagle contract to long for the caps?
No way the Caps touch Beagles contract. They likely could have signed him for slightly cheaper but wanted to move on.

Plus Boyd isn't playing badly.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Canucks are not desperate to make a trade... we have cap space and still not convinced that Burakovsky is any better than goldobin. Would do a 1 for 1 swap just to mix things up and/or we can make a slightly bigger deal if it makes sense. Otherwise just as fine to do nothing here.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I can't even be mad at this statement.

EP is soooo good, he could get Cody Mcleod 40 points. Like I know people joke about the Gretzky and Mcdavid comps but there is some truth to it. The kid could EASILY be the best player from that draft and for a Van team with a spotty track record in that department it could be franchise changing.

I'm super happy Gold found success early in the year but I feel like there is a very good reason Van has been trying to pull a fast one and him so badly this quick before people figure out what the real cause of his success was.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Maybe AJ Greer from Colorado? Not really sure what Wash wants, save ~2mil.

I think it's kind of hard to know what WSH is looking for and to gauge a market on a struggling guy. I think this would be a pretty fair move. 2 guys who you expect to be bottom 6 contributors and WSH can save some cap and get a guy who fits in well with their style of play while the Avs get a guy who is a little more ready now. It would be a little risky giving up on Greer though as the guys has all the tools to be a real force and a mini Tom Wilson.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
No.

Maybe Wilson or Nieto.

No reason they would want Wilson but something around Nieto/Sven/Nemeth could be a starting piece but for the first 2 the Avs would need to add a tad.

Personally I think Dal is the most desperate of those rumors and is the one that pulls the trigger.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
EP is soooo good, he could get Cody Mcleod 40 points. Like I know people joke about the Gretzky and Mcdavid comps but there is some truth to it. The kid could EASILY be the best player from that draft and for a Van team with a spotty track record in that department it could be franchise changing.

I'm super happy Gold found success early in the year but I feel like there is a very good reason Van has been trying to pull a fast one and him so badly this quick before people figure out what the real cause of his success was.
He already is the best player from that draft. If someone would rather have Hischier, Heiskanen or Patrick (who are all good players) they are insane.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
4 Western teams.

Makes sense.

I still think a Burakovsky for Nichuskin swap makes sense.

A lot of that depends on what WSH thinks of Nich and how high they are on him. At this point he is looking like a Lazar level bust but even Lazar got a crazy high return so it wouldn't be unthinkable. Have to think there would be a better deal out there though.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He already is the best player from that draft. If someone would rather have Hischier, Heiskanen or Patrick (who are all good players) they are insane.

I was more considering how he ends up vs Miro and Makar honestly. Also Glass could be a dark horse but that is pretty unlikely. Its nice to see Van actually starting to have some recent draft luck, with BB and EP. Not to mention Hughes is going to be a god damn super star that kid is so good.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Good target but I'm scared what Benning gives up

actually no, knowing Benning 1st is off the table and he only has crap to play with as EP Bo Brock and Quinn are untouchable

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Not denying EP40 is best player out of that draft. In fact, I love him. But you could also make the argument of heiskanen as he’s going to be a top pair D. Those are hard to find these days. So depending on your teams needs you could make a case.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I could see Anaheim being interested, even though they aren’t mentioned.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I could see Anaheim being interested, even though they aren’t mentioned.

They've already made a few moves to bring in young wingers, plus the call of up Jones and Terry I wonder how many more similar moves to Sprong they would actually make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad