LeBrun: Arizona, Vancouver, Colorado and Dallas are among the teams interested in Burakovsky

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
There’s some curiosity around the league about what exactly the Washington Capitals are going to do with Andre Burakovsky.
Teams are calling and the reigning Cup champs are certainly listening to their offers. The 23-year-old winger has fallen out of favour this season in Washington, having been scratched on multiple occasions. But he’s also a first-round pick (23rd overall in 2013) with obvious talent.
Arizona, Vancouver, Colorado and Dallas are among the teams that I believe have looked at him but I think that’s just scratching the surface. There would be other teams that would at least inquire. It’s a situation that screams change of scenery. Teams love a buy-low opportunity with a guy that has a ceiling.
But the Caps weren’t born yesterday. There is no chance that GM Brian MacLellan is going to just give Burakovsky away.

LeBrun Notebook: What's wrong with the Leafs, Andre...

Reactions: Silky mitts

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Caps will certainly gun for a hockey trade that bears some upside; I don't think picks are preferential here, partly because it's tough to value an enigmatic player like Burakovsky in terms of picks. There'd likely be conditions all over the place.

Goldobin comes to mind, but that seems bizarrely lateral for both clubs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Goldobin for Burakovsky makes a ton of sense for each side, especially with how Goldobin has fallen out of favor with the Canucks recently (2 points and -7 in the last 9 games, averaging 12 minutes a night)

That doesn't make any sense for Washington.

If they move Bura it'll be for an established Top 9 forward not another reclamation project.

Reactions: Newusername and BHD

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That doesn't make any sense for Washington.

If they move Bura it'll be for an established Top 9 forward not another reclamation project.

Goldobin has 23 points in 44 games this year. They're not going to get better than a reclamation project for Burakovsky because Burakovsky himself is only a reclamation project.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
But Burakovsky is a reclamation project himself. So would basically being trading to give each a fresh start and hope for magic. If a established top 9 is what you’re wanting than perhaps a small + will need to be added and/or your taking back cap etc.

IMO goldobin and Bura have similar value. You could maybe throw Nichushkin in this mix too.

Reactions: derriko

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Goldobin has 23 points in 44 games this year. They're not going to get better than a reclamation project for Burakovsky because Burakovsky himself is only a reclamation project.

From the Caps' perspective, Goldobin is what they're trading away in Burakosvky.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Goldobin for Burakovsky makes a ton of sense for each side, especially with how Goldobin has fallen out of favor with the Canucks recently (2 points and -7 in the last 9 games, averaging 12 minutes a night)

Haha except for one of those players is actually good and the other was dragged by the god himself EP. Don't see WSH being that dumb

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
But Burakovsky is a reclamation project himself. So would basically being trading to give each a fresh start and hope for magic. If a established top 9 is what you’re wanting than perhaps a small + will need to be added and/or your taking back cap etc.

IMO goldobin and Bura have similar value. You could maybe throw Nichushkin in this mix too.

If Bura's value right now is of that of a guy who hasn't scored a goal this year and Goldobin then he will be way cheaper to get than I thought haha. Geeze

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ughh don't want to get in a bidding war over Burakovsky but I also want Nill to make a trade

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m not too certain if a 30 pts. player is enough to caught Jim Benning attention and he is quite busy time of the year. :DD In the summer there are rumors that Matt Duchene & Panarin are available and both are UFA, or Chris Kreider near TDL for a playoffs push. ;)

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don’t think there’s a bidding war for Burakovsky... capitals should trade him (or keep him) for whatever player they think makes better sense... Goldobin, Nichushkin etc. None of these players are established so no sense upping a return. Take it or leave it.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Why is Goldobin as an upcoming RFA being talked about in trades like this?

Is he not wanting to stay in Vancouver at all or visa versa?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Why is Goldobin as an upcoming RFA being talked about in trades like this?

Is he not wanting to stay in Vancouver at all or visa versa?

The latter. Don't think Green is particularly high on him.

I have absolutely no problem trading him but we've completely tanked his value just like we did with Del Zotto.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Some caps fans were wondering about getting Beagle back over on the Nucks board.

What about:

Burakovsky
Boyd

for

Beagle
Goldobin

? Beagle contract to long for the caps?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad