GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 10/26/15 | 4:30 PM AZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know I will be in the minority here, but to all the Chip haters, he does more good than he does bad. He also isnt completely useless skill wise. He has a nice set of hands and has some good vision. Does he belong on the top two lines, no, but he is also not completely when he does fill that roll.

I'm with you.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Toronto got beat by a shallow team missing two centers. They had one win heading into this game for a reason. I don't think this game was particularly good from a Coyotes perspective. Still waiting to see the team of the first 3 games.

It was a pretty good road game. I wouldn't complain. We made it hard on ourselves, but we won.

I thought you didn't like the way we played the first three games?

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
We have so many complaints for being in first place in the division.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves. Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Let's all just agree that Mike Smith's 5-hole was big enough to drive the Maersk Alabama through it and that he seems to have a pathological aversion to his stick. :naughty:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chip- 1 goal, 1 assist and 9/11 on face offs. He's a pretty damn good 4th liner.

So far this year he has been. Hope he can keep it up. He played good even though he played out of his comfort zone by playing in Hanzal's place.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Chipchura had a hell of a game. I understand the need to feel validated about him being terrible, but I will gladly accept more of that from him and eat my crow.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, but get prepared for the "I told you so" posts. Chip has a couple of good games a season and that's apparently enough to justify him being totally **** in the other 80 games.

Chip gets in trouble when he has to play a top six role, but when asked, he can do a pretty good job for a short period of time most of the time. I have said it before and I will say it again that every team has and needs this type of player.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I thought Gaudet played well tonight. I also think Dahlback is starting to get better. All you guys that hate on Chip, keep hating, its good luck! 2 great games for Chip, say what you want but he is playing well.

Z made 2 mistakes that wound up in our net. I can't remember that ever happening, so pretty rare. Downie took another dumb penalty, has to piss off Tip. Richardson took a dumb penalty that lead to the last goal. Our PK was good and our PP was better, so progress.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hanzal is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.

Sad that that could be construed as good news, but I don't think anywhere on the back is considered lower body. :cry:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought Gaudet played well tonight. I also think Dahlback is starting to get better. All you guys that hate on Chip, keep hating, its good luck! 2 great games for Chip, say what you want but he is playing well.

Z made 2 mistakes that wound up in our net. I can't remember that ever happening, so pretty rare. Downie took another dumb penalty, has to piss off Tip. Richardson took a dumb penalty that lead to the last goal. Our PK was good and our PP was better, so progress.

I thought Gaudet got better as the game went on. Martinook also played a solid game but I have never seen a player since Turris so lousy on his skates. He falls down so easily.

snizzbone*

Slow too and really bad puck possession. Again, like us last year. I can see fans wearing bags on their heads if it's like this all year.

Leafs are one of the top puck possession teams this year. It's their lack of any goal scoring talent that hurts em. And special teams.

Good news is a few years from now we'll have the same system + goal scorers.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hanzal is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.

Sad that that could be construed as good news, but I don't think anywhere on the back is considered lower body. :cry:

I would think the waist is the "separation" for upper and lower body. Thankfully it's not his back then. Now, hopefully it isn't his groin either...

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Watching the replay on Gamecenter.

If TSN would put $1 into escrow every time their TV crews referred to an NHL player as, "a Winkler, Manitoba native" or a "former Hamilton Red Wing" or mentioned that "he played for the Soo Greyhounds back when such-and-such was GM," we would not be a salary floor team. This **** is ****ing annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad