Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I meant their internal investigation. Think they'll send me the results? 🤔
I hope their internal investigations are nothing like law enforcement where the find they did nothing wrong at a near 100% rate.

Reactions: Mosby

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Imagine how good Keller/Achmaltz line could be with a better center.
Yes and I'm stuck imagining it being Pinto and that it should be a right handed shot. Thought about Kupari as sleeper ( his fo% is up to 50.3 now). Dreamt about Scheifele, but woke up. And still believe it could be Reinhart, with a Gostisbehere trade

Imagine Bedard or Fantilli being that center!
Bedard could produced on our 4th line and I would think about Fantilli with Guenther and Cooley and let them mature together.

Last edited:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
merry-new-year-eddie-murphy.gif

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The Wall Street Journal has made their tech predictions for 2023, and they say this time we REALLY mean it...this will be the year the Metaverse takes off. Maybe I'm just old, but I don't see the point. I'm not anti-VR, as I can foresee numerous uses of the tech, but the Zuckerberg vision of people spending large portions of their life in the Metaverse just doesn't sound very appealing.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Southwest was the champion of failure last week but I was delayed 5 hours by American and we were never provided with a clear explanation which was annoying.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Wall Street Journal has made their tech predictions for 2023, and they say this time we REALLY mean it...this will be the year the Metaverse takes off. Maybe I'm just old, but I don't see the point. I'm not anti-VR, as I can foresee numerous uses of the tech, but the Zuckerberg vision of people spending large portions of their life in the Metaverse just doesn't sound very appealing.
Is the article about the metaverse or facebooks attempt at their own version of a metaverse? I ask because the metaverse is no more a Facebook creation than the internet was an AOL creation. Zuckerberg marketing team hard at work trying to convince people the metaverse is exclusively a Facebook thing as if it'seven a remotely new thing. Hell Second Life has been around for like 20 years!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Southwest was the champion of failure last week but I was delayed 5 hours by American and we were never provided with a clear explanation which was annoying.
My Southwest flight yesterday, Orlando-Austin-Phoenix (no plane change)....was 10 minutes early, and when I attempted to use my drink coupon to pay for my beer the FA said "naw, I gotcha". And my checked bag was one of the first ones out. Could scarcely have gone better.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
My Southwest flight yesterday, Orlando-Austin-Phoenix (no plane change)....was 10 minutes early, and when I attempted to use my drink coupon to pay for my beer the FA said "naw, I gotcha". And my checked bag was one of the first ones out. Could scarcely have gone better.
They have a lot of ass kissing to do that’s for sure!

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Like their CEO said, the system works 99% of the time. He said it as if that was a high number, but for IT systems a 1% failure rate is abysmal. It means 3.5 days per year, SW will meltdown and leave you stranded.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Is the article about the metaverse or facebooks attempt at their own version of a metaverse? I ask because the metaverse is no more a Facebook creation than the internet was an AOL creation. Zuckerberg marketing team hard at work trying to convince people the metaverse is exclusively a Facebook thing as if it'seven a remotely new thing. Hell Second Life has been around for like 20 years!

You're right, it's not just about FB's metaverse. The WSJ writer believes virtual and augmented reality will finally takeoff due to new headset offerings from multiple companies, including Apple and a lower costing model from Meta. I tried my sons Oculus, felt a headache coming on after a few minutes. No thanks.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Like their CEO said, the system works 99% of the time. He said it as if that was a high number, but for IT systems a 1% failure rate is abysmal. It means 3.5 days per year, SW will meltdown and leave you stranded.

Imagine if 99% of flights didn't crash. There would be planes falling out of the sky everywhere.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Assume it's a strategy built around operating with lesser costs the rest of the year and hoping it doesn't get noticeably out of control at the holidays/blizzards. 99% of the time it's a valid business model that doesn't run into issues due to operating this way, but they face the consequences of looking like they are a disaster when they knowingly get into a situation like this.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Assume it's a strategy built around operating with lesser costs the rest of the year and hoping it doesn't get noticeably out of control at the holidays/blizzards. 99% of the time it's a valid business model that doesn't run into issues due to operating this way, but they face the consequences of looking like they are a disaster when they knowingly get into a situation like this.

Then the CEO shouldn't apologize. He should admit that it's their business model and tell their customers and workers to just deal with it. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad