Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Just checked, 363 seats available for opening night as of Tuesday at noon, 339 now. Sold 24 in 3 days. Hope there's a big push this week.
Home opener, intimate setting but $229 is the cheapest face value ticket. Tough sell for a lot of people. Especially on a weeknight. Opening night is a bonus as puck drop will be delayed with opening night hoopla. Almost tempted just to say I went to a game (while also suspecting I will be perpetually priced out of the one game I want to see most for next few years) but I think of how many tickets $229 bought in precious years.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Andor is way better than either Obi-Wan or Book of Boba Fett. IMO it's the best Star Wars content since Empire Strikes Back.
It's good so far but I loved Obi-Wan and The Mandalorian is better too. Obi-Wan was too short. They have to make a second season and double the episodes. I want a second Solo move as well. Very under rated imo but then again, other than the last trilogy and Cryin' Kilo, I love just about everything Star Wars.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Andor is way better than either Obi-Wan or Book of Boba Fett. IMO it's the best Star Wars content since Empire Strikes Back.

Binged episodes 3-6 (since 6 dropped) today. You can tell Disney put a lot more $$$$ into this series than Mandalorian and it showed. Can't wait for episode 7 to drop next week.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Home opener, intimate setting but $229 is the cheapest face value ticket. Tough sell for a lot of people. Especially on a weeknight. Opening night is a bonus as puck drop will be delayed with opening night hoopla. Almost tempted just to say I went to a game (while also suspecting I will be perpetually priced out of the one game I want to see most for next few years) but I think of how many tickets $229 bought in precious years.

When I was a season ticket holder in the upper bowl, $229 bought me more like 10 games.

Okay, okay, I'm a sucker. I told my STH rep once, and while the dollar value might be different now than it was then (not that it matters since I'm just speaking in hypotheticals as I don't live there anymore), in as many words: "Hey, look, I'll spend $1,000 on Coyotes tickets per season. I'd rather go to more games than fewer." Or something like that. If that were still true, and I were still single, I guess I'd be going to four games this year.

Now, I'm lucky if I can get my husband to unglue himself from Gainesville to make the cross-country trip (did I say cross-country? He acts like it, it's a 3-hour drive to Tampa, and it's not even about the money to him, he's just... okay, we're looking for a marriage counselor, I swear) to see the Coyotes the one whole time they come to Amalie Arena. I had to go without him last season. Grrr...

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I thought it was Sandler's worst movie myself, and I'm a fan. Still, check it out and see for yourself, opinions vary.

I generally like his work where he's not employing a goofy voice or caricature.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Coyotes games aside...what scary movies are you all watching this Halloween season? Any new gems discovered yet?

I've only watched a couple thus far, The Nightingale and the new Hellraiser. The former was good but it wasn't scary at all, just horribly brutal with a very unsatisfying ending. It's a terribly tragic account of Australian colonization, not really a good Halloween movie. Hellraiser on the other hand is very much a Halloween kind of movie. It's not particularly good or anything as it's basically just a modern rehash of the original but it's reasonably well done and with mostly updated special effects.

On my still to watch list:
Nope
Parasite
Smile
Black Phone
Antlers
Wolf of Snow Hollow

The only one on that list I've seen is Parasite but it was phenomenal.

A Joe Biden presser

That just puts me to sleep.

If I want to be really scared, I'll watch an interview with Kari Lake or Mark Finchem.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I generally like his work where he's not employing a goofy voice or caricature.
Hubey has all of that and then some. Stream it on Netflix or something so you can bail and then spend an hour trying to figure out what else to watch if you don't like it haha!

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
A few days ago I caught Covid in Paris and brought it back here to Phoenix. So if you catch some French variant, sorry in advance.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Stepford Wives (1975 version) is a good watch. I'd recommend it.

Also the inspiration for my new avatar. :laugh:
My mom constantly references this movie, to her basically all of suburbia are "stepford communities". Yes her information is very outdated. haha

Reactions: Summer Rose

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
They found remains that may be my grandmother's brother. He was killed in action on or just after D-day we his boat hit a mine. The Navy asked my father for a DNA sample to verify that it's him. If so, we may go and bury him as a family.

Here is a survivor of that wreck and it's story. My relative was a Navy corpman, 1st class pharmacist on LST-523, so this hit me hard:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They found remains that may be my grandmother's brother. He was killed in action on or just after D-day we his boat hit a mine. The Navy asked my father for a DNA sample to verify that it's him. If so, we may go and bury him as a family.

Here is a survivor of that wreck and it's story. My relative was a Navy corpman, 1st class pharmacist on LST-523, so this hit me hard:

It seems you like military and history. Here a piece from WWII that happened in my hometown.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
My little Town carries a lot of pride from that disaster. I have met Lanier Phillips a few times, he was a wonderful Man who did many good things for us. I was there in 88 when the Survivors returned, it was a great time to be home.
You should be proud our your town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad