OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
haha as I was reading I just kept thinking about those "ain't nobody got time for that" memes. It's also triggering some PTSD from back in the day when I did play some PC games and there always seemed to be some specific ****ing driver that I had to hunt down to get my setup to work. At least back then you didn't have to worry about some auto-update conveniently replacing your driver with the latest and greatest one that doesn't work. So. Much. Rage.

I agree the cost isn't quite as big of deal anymore, heck in the past 5 years I've spent roughly $750 on consoles. Though to be fair not because I had any problems, I just upgraded from a regular Xbone, to the Forza Edition to finally a OneX.
Nvidia's GeForce utility makes drivers much easier to update, I'm sure AMD has a good option too. It's more general windows 10 f***ery that messes stuff up, like you mentioned. It's going the way many OS's are now where it wants to do everything for you, and it drives me insane.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Kachina head > Full Kachina > Yawning Coyote.
I'd like to have all three. Redesign the home and away with the theme I posted from Facebook with the two different heads and keep the third as is. That would be sweet. I still like my white and black Kachinas way more than the current ones. Never liked the green kachina though.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Sorry to interrupt the PC/console talk. I'm too lazy to build PCs anymore. I just pay the insane amount to order one every few years now. I'd like to find a game I'm interested in to play. I turned off my Star Wars The old Republic account again after turning it back on to play a few story lines. Haven't been sucked into a new game in several years.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sorry to interrupt the PC/console talk. I'm too lazy to build PCs anymore. I just pay the insane amount to order one every few years now. I'd like to find a game I'm interested in to play. I turned off my Star Wars The old Republic account again after turning it back on to play a few story lines. Haven't been sucked into a new game in several years.
Prey is the best game I've played for a while, might want to check it out.

I think the perfect jersey set would be the original black Kachina home, away white Kachina, and the thirds can be the above design but maybe with the Kachina head. We'd have the best set of jerseys in the league. I don't totally hate the newer logo, I just prefer the Kachina and think going away from it was a huge mistake in the first place.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
You ever play the Knights of the Old Republic? It was the first RPG I ever played and one of my favorite games of all time. KOTOR II was also awesome, I would do just about anything for a KOTOR III.

Reactions: Edenjung

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
You ever play the Knights of the Old Republic? It was the first RPG I ever played and one of my favorite games of all time. KOTOR II was also awesome, I would do just about anything for a KOTOR III.
I have kotor on my phone and tablet now. I've now played it close to 10 times in total between the original Xbox, pc, and Android versions. Incredible game. Aspyr (company who ported kotor1) is porting kotor 2 also.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

No I've always done the online games. I even played Star Wars Galaxies. I geeked out when I first heard the Star Wars music. Shame the game play sucked for the most part.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No I've always done the online games. I even played Star Wars Galaxies. I geeked out when I first heard the Star Wars music. Shame the game play sucked for the most part.
I'm the opposite, I've never played an MMO ever. My friends played Galaxies and WoW but I've never really had the inclination.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm the opposite, I've never played an MMO ever. My friends played Galaxies and WoW but I've never really had the inclination.

In the last 10-15 years, my computer/console gaming has declined significantly. I did the WoW thing for about 5 years (around 2005, I think). It was addictive (I gamed with co-workers) but the crappy graphics get to you after a while, as well as the wasting of time waiting for raids, dungeons, guildies, etc. Around 2010, I got into Secret World and enjoyed it quite a bit for a few years; they ended up doing a reboot and was unwilling to start over building skills and such. Still, if you like odd MMORPGS, you can give it a shot. When I started, I invested in a lifetime membership, so if I ever want to take it up again, I guess I can. Of course the graphics aren't that great (but better than WoW). Nowadays, I just play NHL 2018 on my console. Boot it up, play a quick 30-minute game, and move on. I kind of skip through seasons on the Franchise mode (you should see what the 2041-2042 Coyotes roster looks like :laugh: --I believe there's a Moss on the roster).

Apart from the above, I rarely play other games (console or PC).

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I played Diablo II for years (including modded versions) but I haven't been able to get into RPGs for a significant amount of time for the most part. I prefer games that I can play for hours if I chose but otherwise wont eat up more than 45 minutes of my time. If any of you play Rocket League or have wanted to play Rocket League but are unsure, I'm more than happy to hop on with you. Here is a video I really enjoyed and might entice a few of you.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If ya'll are searching for an rpg that feels like diablo, highly recommend Path of Exile. Very similar feel, but way better endgame.

I personally think Nier: Automata is the best game of all time for me, so I'd give that a shot too.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Why :wally: back in my day, we ran cows and Mephisto.

Wasn't a fan of the 1.10 + changes.

You risked cow runs having some A-hole who would bait the Cow King and he was super easy to kill, especially with an OP frozen orb sorc :laugh:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
There is no cow level.

But there's......

giphy.gif

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’m at Disney African Kingdom Lodge for a convention. Crap do they do it well. Nothing like Africa for those who have been but nice nonetheless with world class service. Missing all the statues of Mandela too.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
u7OQQfO.png

So I built this today. Pretty proud of it.

It's the frame for a wood shed. Floor frame is 8' 2x4's on the front and back and 4' 2x4's studs, so the frame is 8'x4'3". The front posts are 51" 4x6 studs and the back posts are 47 1/2" 4x6 studs. Making the "walls" are 1x3 slats (which are actually 2 1/2" wide) with 2 1/2" gaps between them (I didn't mark the measurements precisely so the gap is actually not exactly 2 1/2" for most of them but I used a level to make sure they weren't crooked). Tomorrow I'm going to add the roof and floor, and Monday I'll either paint it or put weatherproofing stain on it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
u7OQQfO.png

So I built this today. Pretty proud of it.

It's the frame for a wood shed. Floor frame is 8' 2x4's on the front and back and 4' 2x4's studs, so the frame is 8'x4'3". The front posts are 51" 4x6 studs and the back posts are 47 1/2" 4x6 studs. Making the "walls" are 1x3 slats (which are actually 2 1/2" wide) with 2 1/2" gaps between them (I didn't mark the measurements precisely so the gap is actually not exactly 2 1/2" for most of them but I used a level to make sure they weren't crooked). Tomorrow I'm going to add the roof and floor, and Monday I'll either paint it or put weatherproofing stain on it.

At first I thought "why is someone posting a picture of pallets nailed together". Come to think of it, maybe that would have saved you some work.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Daylight savings time sucks.

(Not that it affects Arizona in that we don't change our clocks, but for a handful of reasons I prefer being 3 hours behind eastern time instead of 2.)

I much prefer the morning NFL game starting at 10a. When I'm off Sunday, I sleep late, have a late breakfast then boom, the game is on. 11a sucks! I don't do brunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad