OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Question for season ticket holders with electronic tickets. Do you get all of your tickets up front or are they released in phases? I've purchased an electronic ticket on StubHub for a game in March. Order made on 10/22. The current status is "seller notified" and they tell me I will have tickets by 2/28. I'm wondering why I don't have the tickets. My other experiences with electronic tickets are that I receive them in hours at the most. Curious if the release of tickets are phases.
Mine are put on my STH card before they actually mail it, I think. On my account the games are listed as on my card.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
kiQ8BfF.jpg

Wood shed's almost done. Now I just need to buy one more 8' length of drip edge and seal it up with wet patch roof cement.

Reactions: Grimes and 0point1

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So I live in a new york style apartment(my front door is right on the main street). These new scooters that these companies are dispensing all over Tempe(and I'm sure elsewhere?) are super annoying. I left my apartment earlier today, with one of those dang scooters not even a foot from my door to the side in front of my window. Why would anyone leave it there and think that's something I want sitting right in front of my apartment? They do look convenient to get around, especially for all the college kids here.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So I live in a new york style apartment(my front door is right on the main street). These new scooters that these companies are dispensing all over Tempe(and I'm sure elsewhere?) are super annoying. I left my apartment earlier today, with one of those dang scooters not even a foot from my door to the side in front of my window. Why would anyone leave it there and think that's something I want sitting right in front of my apartment? They do look convenient to get around, especially for all the college kids here.

I had seen a couple of them around town lake some months ago, but didn't really think anything of it...then 2 1/2 weeks ago South Park has an episode where they all but take over the town, then three days later i go to Nashville and theyre *everywhere*, esp around Vanderbilt U. So i suppose all the yellow and green bicycles were just softening us up?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I thought it was the Onion when I read:
Condoleezza Rice on interview list for Cleveland Browns head-coaching job

Her qualifications are listed as:
1. She's an amazing person
2. Longtime fan of the Browns
3. Has attended several games
4. Wears the team jersey

I'm not opposed to a woman coaching a professional men's sport, but the bar is not very high in Cleveland.

Condoleezza Rice on interview list for Cleveland Browns head-coaching job: report

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

I live a mile away from ASU, and there are always at least a dozen scooters within a few blocks of my door. In principle, I love them, as they promise to ease up on the problems (environmental and otherwise) associated with people driving huge cars alone for short trips. Unfortunately, people are not abiding by their rules, at least the ones I read last time I rented a Bird scooter.

To get an idea of the volume in Tempe, here's a map of available Bird scooters in an area that's about 2 x 1 1/2 miles. Lime and Razor are also renting scooters in Tempe.

oAhr50K.png

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I live a mile away from ASU, and there are always at least a dozen scooters within a few blocks of my door. In principle, I love them, as they promise to ease up on the problems (environmental and otherwise) associated with people driving huge cars alone for short trips. Unfortunately, people are not abiding by their rules, at least the ones I read last time I rented a Bird scooter.

To get an idea of the volume in Tempe, here's a map of available Bird scooters in an area that's about 2 x 1 1/2 miles. Lime and Razor are also renting scooters in Tempe.

oAhr50K.png

I predict this will be a fad. It'll die out due to none of the scooter companies making money because of the high operating costs.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I had seen a couple of them around town lake some months ago, but didn't really think anything of it...then 2 1/2 weeks ago South Park has an episode where they all but take over the town, then three days later i go to Nashville and theyre *everywhere*, esp around Vanderbilt U. So i suppose all the yellow and green bicycles were just softening us up?

Yellow bikes (0fo) split town...probably because of the alarming rate bums were stealing, vandalizing and repeating them. Though that isn't their story or City Gov's.

Why Ofo Is Retreating From the Dockless Bikesharing Battle - CityLab

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...phoenix-regulates-bike-sharing-ofo/756264002/

Regarding the scooters, ER Doc's and midlevel providers are saying they are seeing numerous injuries stemming from them.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I predict this will be a fad. It'll die out due to none of the scooter companies making money because of the high operating costs.

I think the high operating costs are somehow going to involve lawsuits. They're far more dangerous on city streets than bikes.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Yellow bikes (0fo) split town...probably because of the alarming rate bums were stealing, vandalizing and repeating them. Though that isn't their story or City Gov's.

Why Ofo Is Retreating From the Dockless Bikesharing Battle - CityLab

Phoenix and Scottsdale move to regulate bike-sharing

Regarding the scooters, ER Doc's and midlevel providers are saying they are seeing numerous injuries stemming from them.
It’s crazy how they are abused where I work at. We find them all over downtown area.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I thought it was the Onion when I read:
Condoleezza Rice on interview list for Cleveland Browns head-coaching job

Her qualifications are listed as:
1. She's an amazing person
2. Longtime fan of the Browns
3. Has attended several games
4. Wears the team jersey

I'm not opposed to a woman coaching a professional men's sport, but the bar is not very high in Cleveland.

Condoleezza Rice on interview list for Cleveland Browns head-coaching job: report

Breaking news ... Alice Cooper to interview as Coyotes PP coach

Reactions: CC96 and MIG

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
A buddy of mine runs around at night picking up those scooters, taking them home, charges them and then drops them off a designated spots early in the morning. I'm not sure he's actually making any money when all is said and done but seems to love the novelty of it all.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
A buddy of mine runs around at night picking up those scooters, taking them home, charges them and then drops them off a designated spots early in the morning. I'm not sure he's actually making any money when all is said and done but seems to love the novelty of it all.

Do they have some type of tracking device? What keeps them from being stolen?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Do they have some type of tracking device? What keeps them from being stolen?
Yes they all have built in GPS and what not. The company has an app that shows him where the ones with low charge are located, he rounds them up during the late evening, charges them overnight and then put deliver them to specific spots early in the morning (I think it has to be between 5-7am).

Reactions: MIG

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Yes they all have built in GPS and what not. The company has an app that shows him where the ones with low charge are located, he rounds them up during the late evening, charges them overnight and then put deliver them to specific spots early in the morning (I think it has to be between 5-7am).

Wow, sounds like a spectacular job :P I wonder if it feels like you're stealing vehicles (causing disorder) since he wanders around (okay he doesn't wander, but it sounds more adventurous) at night taking scooters. Of course the following morning, you are bringing them to specific locations (returning order)., so I guess it's more of a "balanced" job.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Wow, sounds like a spectacular job :P I wonder if it feels like you're stealing vehicles (causing disorder) since he wanders around (okay he doesn't wander, but it sounds more adventurous) at night taking scooters. Of course the following morning, you are bringing them to specific locations (returning order)., so I guess it's more of a "balanced" job.
Honestly I'm pretty sure that's the main thing he's getting out of it. The thrill of the hunt basically. It's not like he's really making any money, just something different to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad