Arizona Coyotes are the Seattle Kraken / Florida Panthers of the 23-24 season

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
5 game win streak now.
Pumping the Capitals
Carcone up to 12 goals, still another year left at 775k.

Armstrong effect starting to take over. Hopefully they make a big deal this deadline and in July. Time to shift into a higher gear.

@Gurglesons at it again

My only question is what's up with Vejmelka this year? Numbers look bad vs Ingram's?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
This guy knows hockey

Pls let me know what you think of Toronto's chances this year

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I pray to both god’s of hockey and god’s of Madison Avenue that if they have any sense of outrage towards the way the NHL conducts business to please help Arizona get to the Stanley Cup finals this season.
Bettman and company need to be exposed to the sporting and business world for their incompetence.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I pray to both god’s of hockey and god’s of Madison Avenue that if they have any sense of outrage towards the way the NHL conducts business to please help Arizona get to the Stanley Cup finals this season.
Bettman and company need to be exposed to the sporting and business world for their incompetence.

What incompetence?

If anything Arizona's arena is a throwback to a better age of sports where there was uniqueness in the league when it came to arenas.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Yeah I’d probably wait more than 25 games to start calling people out
Fair point.

Its the same with my favorite Football club VfB Stuttgart. Last year we barley avoided relegation and this year we are third in the league, ahead of Leipzig, Dortmund and others who pay more for their players. But our fanbase and the team in general is down to earth. Highest priority right now is making it impossible to be relegated and thus we do not think about potentially playing in the Champions league next season.
Same goes for the yotes. We love the wins, but we know its to early to expect the playoffs. Thats why we should relax :D

Last edited:

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
What incompetence?

If anything Arizona's arena is a throwback to a better age of sports where there was uniqueness in the league when it came to arenas.
This is not against the Arizona Coyotes. A 5000 seat arena is a logistical nightmare.
Non- Hockey press coverage. The visuals on TV.
Mullet Arena visiting players locker room.

• Haha
Reactions: moosemeister

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
IF (and that's a big if) they make the playoffs, they're not really built for a playoff run this season so I don't think you'll get your wish.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Always like Michael Carcone back when he played for Utica (VAN affiliate). Was a Marlie killer. Was so glad we got him in a trade. He kept grinding and developing. Glad he's having a big year for ARZ.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Arizona finally isn't hot ass and they get called the "Kraken" of 2024?

The biggest issue with Seattle (to me) is that they really don't have a killer instinct player, and they badly need to get a fix in net. Grubauer/Driedger/whoever just completely saps the life from them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Arizona finally isn't hot ass and they get called the "Kraken" of 2024?

The biggest issue with Seattle (to me) is that they really don't have a killer instinct player, and they badly need to get a fix in net. Grubauer/Driedger/whoever just completely saps the life from them.

Please read the original post for context of why they are being viewed as the "Kraken" of 2024.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Please read the original post for context of why they are being viewed as the "Kraken" of 2024.
So you're just saying they have a bunch of depth? cool

At least you aren't going for the "oh wow they came out of nowhere and will regress" angle.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think the Coyotes have been exactly what expected, teams around them not so much with the Oilers, Wild and Kraken all below .500

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
When he thinks he got a zinger but he's still talking about the coyotes ...
The team that has more points than the Habs? Y'all are cute. By your logic, if the Yotes aren't a real team, there should be no instance they have more points that the Powerhouse of Montreal, ever...yet...here we are more than a quarter past the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad