Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
1714892208997.jpeg

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I wondered and thought that. I also noticed none of the announcers mentioned anything about reviewing the goal, as in let's get this over for local news shows. It's just with the game over, there's nothing to lose by challenging.

If memory serves, the Panthers' OT winner last year to eliminate the Leafs also had some controversy around it, as Radko Gudas held a player's stick and might've interfered with the goalie.
Wasn't even close to being offsides. Puck was halfway between blue line and crease before Pasta was fully in the zone.

Beersy is one of the best in the biz and doesn't get the recognition he deserves

Brick plays it cool no selling it then gets a hug from Sophia, what a pimp
Love Sophia. Genuine hockey fan, knows her shit. That's pure joy right there. Hope she stays with NESN for a long time.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wasn't even close to being offsides. Puck was halfway between blue line and crease before Pasta was fully in the zone.

Love Sophia. Genuine hockey fan, knows her shit. That's pure joy right there. Hope she stays with NESN for a long time.

Sophia grew up on Toronto's west side ( look up JANE TTC STATION ) and worshipped the Leafs.

She was a rising star at Sportsnet in 2018 and was chosen to fill in for Ron MacLean during the Winter Olympics

Still, she was laid off by Rogers and came to Boston 5 years ago. She has fallen in love with the city, bought a condo near Ashmont Station and has NO desire to go back to the rat race of Toronto media.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Wow that was tight and to be fair I was pretty pessimistic before game 7. The Leafs played some good hockey and gave the Bruins fits. Glad Pasta decided to show up big time and put the Leafs and their unsupportable fans in place. Lindholm had a monster game as well. I just wish that is the Lindholm we will see during the rest of the playoffs because we definitively need any player at his top against the Panthers. For the offense I really hope Zacha and Coyle start to show up and get their mojo going as 2 points each is just not acceptable for the 1st and 2nd line centers.
I don't know what to expect against the Panthers, as on paper and from last years series I see them as the better team but I guess the first two away games will be an indicator as for the Bruins chances.
Oh and by the way, what happend to TD Garden being a fortress? The Bruins lose way to many home games. That has to change if they want to succeed against the cats.

Last thing: glad to see the loser Bertuzzi being on the losing side once more. **** him!

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Okay..the other 30 fan bases can put out pitchforks away. 7 games--come on you should have had them in 5. But you guys beat them and now we get our two favorite times of the year in Canada. 1) Eastern Media attacking the leafs 2) and Non Leaf fans bitching about the fact Eastern Media will spend the rest of the playoffs still talking about the leafs more than the other Canadian teams that ARE still playing

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
As I laid in bed sleepless watching the Pasta goal on rewind in my mind a thought occurred to me. So this is how it felt to be a Habs fan for all those years when the Montreal jinx reigned over the Bruins. And for a brief moment my heart went out to the Leaf fans whose heartbreak I had known so well through the first thirty eight years of my Bruin fandom. But only for a brief moment and then I said screw that, better them than us. They can lay on the beach all day in the Miami sun and then come see us on the ice in Sunrise. Not sure which headline I prefer, Swayman Saves Steal the Series, Hampus Heaps Heartbreak on Hogtown or Pasta Puts Leafs out to Pasture. Anyhow pack your bags, we got another roadie.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
If I didn't witness it again, I'd think it was staged. Alot of things to clean up before next series though. Florida's forecheck is even harder to deal with.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
2) and Non Leaf fans bitching about the fact Eastern Media will spend the rest of the playoffs still talking about the leafs more than the other Canadian teams that ARE still playing
Listening to 1440 Edmonton and them mentioning TSN / Sportsnet absolute arrogance totally ignoring Vancouver, Edmonton and especially the Jets will bite them in the ass if the Leafs get booted.
"Oh....we just loooooooove the Oilers and Canucks. Love love love!!!!"

The Bruins did the hockey world a king friggin' sized favor!!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad