News Article: Arizona Coyotes accused of not properly paying employees, union busting in NLRB complaints

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I think that it's safe to assume that you are aware of the history of the teamsters, the AFL-CIO, the Dockworker's Union and of course Chicago's labor union fun. Workers deserve rights, but companies and governments deserve to be protected from the corruption which comes from unionization.

Find me a clean union and I'll find you a virgin mother of three.

I think it's safe to assume that you aware of weekends, 40-hour work weeks, and virtually every labor law on the books, from minimum wage to child labor restrictions to sexual harassment protections.

This is a red-baiting non sequitur. Corruption doesn't "come from" unionization. It happens, yes. No one defends it, least of all dues-paying union members, but it also pales in comparison to the legal (and apparently completely ethical!) exploitation ownership exerts over labor. But despite decades of union-busting activity, unions remain one of the few tools the working class has to curb their exploitation.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think it's safe to assume that you aware of weekends, 40-hour work weeks, and virtually every labor law on the books, from minimum wage to child labor restrictions to sexual harassment protections.

This is a red-baiting non sequitur. Corruption doesn't "come from" unionization. It happens, yes. No one defends it, least of all dues-paying union members, but it also pales in comparison to the legal (and apparently completely ethical!) exploitation ownership exerts over labor. But despite decades of union-busting activity, unions remain one of the few tools the working class has to curb their exploitation.
Coming from New Jersey I don’t think that business exploitation pales in comparison to union corruption. Interestingly, unions and businesses work hand in hand to exploit workers in many instances.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Interesting, because as a union rep I deal with the NLRB from time to time. The "union busting" violation is a pretty common charge. Does your company have a rule that you cant talk about pay? Its a violation of the law. Are you told to have a positive attitude? That's also a violation of the law (NLRA section 7 and or 8). These laws apply for you unless you are a government employee, work in air transport or rail transport. I can hang board charges on just about any company at will and the most likely settlement is a posting notice, where the employer has to post a letter that you have the right to form a union, and really only becomes a problem if there are repetitive violations. A certain set of big box store managers, for instance when seeing 2 or more employees outside of work talking about work have to leave the area because of their many violations. Wage theft is something else though, companies pay through the nose when there is wage theft, settlements can go back years and the company is forced to make whole any employee that was damaged. It costs time and hundreds or thousands of hours of investigation.

Hopefully this can all be resolved, that's what the NLRB does and this was all on the old ownership from skimming the postings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad