Prospect Info: [ARI/TBL] Anthony DeAngelo for ARI 2nd | 37th overall Libor Hajek

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
In regards to Hajek, I can see why they like him.

I haven't been able to see him play defense yet, but I have read that it is good.

You can tell from the video(s) that he is very capable in the offensive end, as he looks to be a very fluid skater and hits tape with all of his passes.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
czech national team has now like 1 good defender and he doesn't even play in NHL. now it looks like tampa is going to have 2 good d-men from czech republic. I'm really excited and when i learned about this i was really happy, although i really wanted to see tony D play.

I'd be really happy to see masin play with hajek. that might be real fun

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
All I can say is, "Could've had Barbashev" I was absolutely irate when we selected DeAngelo because I didn't want a player with such a checkered history. But considering that puck moving RHD had been an organizational need for so long I just accepted it after about a week. If he was that much of a problem then good riddance.

It doesn't change our need for puck moving RHD anyway since he was still over a year out from playing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If we lose stamkos, DeAngelo's value to us goes down anyway. Looks like Drouin is our long-term PP quarterback.

That's IF Cooper and co have the common sense to use him there. If I ever see Hedman and Stralman at the point again I'm going to personally make the biggest sign I can about it and throw it into the bench and run like hell before I get a lifetime ban at Amalie

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
All I can say is, "Could've had Barbashev" I was absolutely irate when we selected DeAngelo because I didn't want a player with such a checkered history. But considering that puck moving RHD had been an organizational need for so long I just accepted it after about a week. If he was that much of a problem then good riddance.

It doesn't change our need for puck moving RHD anyway since he was still over a year out from playing.

How does it feel when Fabbri or Pastrnak were still available. Hindsight is 20/20 though

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How does it feel when Fabbri or Pastrnak were still available. Hindsight is 20/20 though

You guys actually think Fabbri or Pastrnak are playing with the big club and not junior or AHL? It's all about opportunity and they wouldn't have gotten the same with us.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I wasn't as sold on either player as I was on Barbashev. I felt short term Fabbri would be a nice spark but that Barbashev as a long term project would've developed into a more complete player. As for Pastrnak I actually thought he was a 2nd rounder lol.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
You guys actually think Fabbri or Pastrnak are playing with the big club and not junior or AHL? It's all about opportunity and they wouldn't have gotten the same with us.

A player of Fabbri's caliber doesn't need a second chance to seize an opportunity. He would've remained in the NHL at the first call-up. Only Palat on our team produced more than him at even strength this past season. That's pretty good company. Fabbri is a real good player, definite top 6 material. Like I said though, it's easy to talk with the help of hindsight.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A player of Fabbri's caliber doesn't need a second chance to seize an opportunity. He would've remained in the NHL at the first call-up. Only Palat on our team produced more than him at even strength this past season. That's pretty good company. Fabbri is a real good player, definite top 6 material. Like I said though, it's easy to talk with the help of hindsight.

He wasn't AHL eligible last year so he would've had to have had an amazing camp and preseason for him to even get a game at the NHL level. We had no need for another forward last year so doubt he got that shot.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
czech national team has now like 1 good defender and he doesn't even play in NHL. now it looks like tampa is going to have 2 good d-men from czech republic. I'm really excited and when i learned about this i was really happy, although i really wanted to see tony D play.

That 1 good defender of theirs actually plays for us.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary

We have 3. Sustr is a competent player now.

Funny enough if we still had Gudas we would probably have almost the entire Czech d corp in a few years.

Hajek - Sustr
Masin - Gudas

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We have 3. Sustr is a competent player now.

Funny enough if we still had Gudas we would probably have almost the entire Czech d corp in a few years.

Hajek - Sustr
Masin - Gudas

You better put Gudas on that top pair. Apparently he's a top pair defender now and at 3.35 he's on a steal of a contract.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Not surprised at this. DeAngelo is TERRIBLE in his own end and should be a forward or strictly a power play quarterback. He is too small to move bodies from the front of his net and should no clue in the use of his stick to tie up an opponent's. It did not matter who his partner was, every shift he had was one that Crunch fans held their breath. This move enables the organziation to give needed and appropriate minutes to a much more deserving defenseman prospect. Well done SFY.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not surprised at this. DeAngelo is TERRIBLE in his own end and should be a forward or strictly a power play quarterback. He is too small to move bodies from the front of his net and should no clue in the use of his stick to tie up an opponent's. It did not matter who his partner was, every shift he had was one that Crunch fans held their breath. This move enables the organziation to give needed and appropriate minutes to a much more deserving defenseman prospect. Well done SFY.

Was waiting for you to chime in on this. Sounds a little like Barberio, I guess.

I still don't think we'd have given up on him so soon if it were only his play though. Probably some combination of play and attitude. The quote from his dad set off alarm bells for sure.

Pointerspoint

socktaper
Mar 23, 2013
Lake County
I think this was a total attitude problem and I bet there's tons more going on we have no idea about. I'm more than happy to offload him, didn't like the pick at all when it happened so good riddance. :handclap:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
The change in Head Coach for the Crunch is going to be a MAJOR wake up call for several players. Dont get me wrong, I liked Zettler as a player and as a coach but there was just something about the younger players and their lack of giving a damn (except on payday) that bothered me. The Crunch have had a year to adjust to the new ice surface, so that excuse is now out the window. I know it is early but it is going to be very interesting to see who gets invites to Syracuse and then who stays. And that does not even take into consideration the need to get a few vets in to help anchor and build the kids. Stay tuned folks, and get extra popcorn for this one.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Just how messed up do you have to be to get cut from the organization like that? I never met the guy but it makes me wonder what he was like in person

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just how messed up do you have to be to get cut from the organization like that? I never met the guy but it makes me wonder what he was like in person

Especially considering we refused to sell cheap on Drouin. THAT was a mess. I can only imagine this. Might've been something revealed in exit interviews with his teammates. All just speculation, but we tend to wait too long with prospects rather than cutting their time short, so there's some kind of story here.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So... I'm wondering if Murray and co. shine in the later rounds, but in the first round kind of overthink it a bit.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
So... I'm wondering if Murray and co. shine in the later rounds, but in the first round kind of overthink it a bit.

Namestnikov - #27: Reached full time NHL duty at 22 years old #3 Center on cup contender with #2C ceiling.
Koekkoek - #10: Will reach full time NHL duty at 22 years old - #5 Defenseman on cup contender with #3 ceiling.
Vasilevskiy - #19: has reached full time NHL duty at 21 years old. NHL Starter 1B on cup contender with 1A ceiling.
Drouin - #3: has reached full time NHL duty at 20 years old. 2nd line scoring Winger on cup contender with 1st line scoring Winger ceiling.
DeAngelo - #19: Miss
Howden - #27: by all accounts 3rd line Center floor 2nd line Center ceiling, but too early to tell.

So that was Murray. But if you go further back and take a look from an organizational standpoint ... Connolly is a third line Winger on playoff team and made full time duty with us at 22 years old. The two previous drafts before that are Hedman as a #1 Defenseman and top 5 in the league. The other was Stamkos as a #1 Center and one of top players in the league.

So yeah ... comment dismissed.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This could be why the went with the "safe" pick in Howden this year. :laugh:

Enough with the Connolly's and DeAngelo's of the world.

I think we've done okay. We just haven't had the kind of homeruns we've had in other rounds, excluding hopefully Drouin, but we knew we were getting a potential franchise player with that pick regardless who we took.

DeAngelo is a good example of what happens when those swings for the fences go bad.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we've done okay. We just haven't had the kind of homeruns we've had in other rounds, excluding hopefully Drouin, but we knew we were getting a potential franchise player with that pick regardless who we took.

DeAngelo is a good example of what happens when those swings for the fences go bad.

Plus I think that was a time where they drafted for need instead of BPA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad