Prospect Info: [ARI/TBL] Anthony DeAngelo for ARI 2nd | 37th overall Libor Hajek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Given what we put up with from Drouin this year, I can only imagine what kind of ***** DeAngelo must be behind the scenes for us to trade him for lesser value.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
DeAngelo played better than Nurse when he got to the Soo. Once he got hurt the Soo were done those playoffs.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I wish things could have been different but I think this is better for all involved," said DeAngelo's father, Lou. "We are thankful for the opportunity... We were looking for an opportunity to play in the NHL sooner rather than later.". From Joe Smith

Sounds like we are getting out front of a headache.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Family talking in his name. Check
Statement implying he's NHL ready. Check
Multi suspects scratches. Check

Good riddance.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
His family probably saw the **** from Drouin's situation and probably thought he was getting blocked from the NHL as well and stirred **** up. We don't need any more situations like Drouin's so good riddance.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Better admit your fault early and give the problem away. This is nothing that should be around a playoff caliber team. And unless he makes a 180 turn in ARZ he ain't make it there either.

Like the pick though, not many rightys out there so gotta go with BPA. Sad that we passed on Niemeläinen completly though

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I guess they know something we don't but I'm bummed DeAngelo is gone, still developing but had great offensive promise... something none of our D has. :(

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
He always seemed like an MAB type to me but he could of been highly effective for us on the PP.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Sure his numbers weren't great but he's still developing, specially being more offensively minded it would take some time to develop. D usually take longer to get going. Idk about this trade considering he was gonna be a big part of the PP and a RD as well

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Word must have been out on him, otherwise you'd have to think Yzerman would have gotten a higher pick. Oh well. Mistakes were made.

Coburn's signing makes even more sense now. They probably knew this was coming.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we lose stamkos, DeAngelo's value to us goes down anyway. Looks like Drouin is our long-term PP quarterback.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
If we lose stamkos, DeAngelo's value to us goes down anyway. Looks like Drouin is our long-term PP quarterback.

Works for me. I want the puck on that kid's stick as often as possible.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Must have been high on our list

edit: yep

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=887392
“We’ve watched Libor Hajek for two years now. He’s a player we considered taking in the first round. When we saw him there in the second, we were trying to figure out a way to get him, and it was very expensive using picks and what not. Ultimately, we thought (trading up) was the best route to acquire him.”

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

That video got me really excited about him. Finally a defender that is not afraid to shoot the damn puck. And looks like he can run a PP pretty decent. Lets see if those things can translate. And plays with confidence it seems, with those rushes up the ice.

Who knows maybe after all those forward steals we gotta have a great defender at some point right? :yo:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
a lot of masin here hopefully adds the offense:)

will say think very highly of tony d sorry to see him leave but if he played with fire after the drouin debacle he was gonna get burned. Per all reports he is still a head case in ways and wont play defense. Tony d has soo much talent he could probably wind up a good forward but if he wont play the 200 foot game at all he still wouldnt cut it for this team now or in the future.

Tough call leaves major hole on rh side for now. See what we cook up we got to move bodies at one point so someone should garner an acquisition that fulfills the need:)

I like it like I said with drouin i want guys who will go through the wall no one wanted to pay premium for him we kept him we had eye on another guy and tony d said trade me so we made a point again to everyone:)

twitter @libas42

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Per all reports he is still a head case in ways and wont play defense.

This, imo, is what the DeAngelo trade came down to.

He, or at least his family, believe he is NHL-ready while the Lightning (and myself, for that matter) disagree due to his defensive deficiencies.

Hand was forced, and they just so happened to get a player that they highly covet out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad