Proposal: ARI-LA

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Byram is actually progressing really well. Several outlets were projecting his as a possible team Canada player at the next Olympics after he played as well as he did out of the gate. Took a really dirty hit from a Vegas goon and ended his year. But Byram, like Dach, Cozens, Seider and Zegras look like they’ll all be good NHL players.

It’s really just Turcotte that is being left behind from that middle part of the top 10. He’s been far less impressive than his draft day peers.

LMAO same Sieder that hasn't played a game, or Cozens with 13 points in 41 games?

WAY too early to have such a take on this.....

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Byram is actually progressing really well. Several outlets were projecting his as a possible team Canada player at the next Olympics after he played as well as he did out of the gate. Took a really dirty hit from a Vegas goon and ended his year. But Byram, like Dach, Cozens, Seider and Zegras look like they’ll all be good NHL players.

It’s really just Turcotte that is being left behind from that middle part of the top 10. He’s been far less impressive than his draft day peers.

You are entitle to your opinion, but it does not mean you are correct.

Reactions: kilowatt

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Byram didnt look good enough in the NHL to be bragging about it.
Zegras was a non factor besides on the power play until he got sent down and called back up at the end of the year.
I like all these players and they think they all turn into top players. Turcotte will be fine and is playing for a team that doesnt throw prospects into the lineup early.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Turcotte never fully recovered from his injuries at the WJC and went scoreless in his first ten games in the AHL before going on injured reserve. After he came back, he scored 21 points in 22 games and was arguably Ontario's best player.

I'm not sure what more Turcotte can do to prove that he is absolutely a blue chip prospect, some people just seem to be down on him. There's this narrative that several prospects have lapped Turcotte and it just isn't true. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Turcotte never fully recovered from his injuries at the WJC and went scoreless in his first ten games in the AHL before going on injured reserve. After he came back, he scored 21 points in 22 games and was arguably Ontario's best player.

I'm not sure what more Turcotte can do to prove that he is absolutely a blue chip prospect, some people just seem to be down on him. There's this narrative that several prospects have lapped Turcotte and it just isn't true. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just let 'em talk.
They absolutely know who Turcotte is. This is why they try to get him for cheap.
The glut of centers card will also be played relentlessly as if this has something to do with a players value.

You are absolutely right, we stay course and only trade our riches if it really improves us.
Until then our youngsters will get stronger and stronger

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Chychrun just turned 23, is on one of the best deals in the NHL, will be for years, and is already a bonafide #1D.

People here saying he doesn't have offensive creativity or saying he's not a #1 because he isn't a big hitter (while ignoring the fact that he's great in his own zone) are just looking for excuses.

Kid is a top 5-10 dman in his own age range, offensively is a #1D, and defensively is better than most of the guys ahead of him like Hughes, Barrie, Rielly, Krug etc. He's shouldered ALL of the load in ARI defensively, has had shit partners defensively the entire time he's been in the NHL, and has had little talent to feed the puck to upfront. When our PP stops being garbo and we get more offensive talent coming up he'll be blossoming into his prime.

Clarke and Turcotte are good pieces and I would love to have them. Personally I put more emphasis on being a known quantity, so I wouldn't do this deal, though I can understand why many would, from both sides. I can also understand why fans wouldn't do it for both sides. LA probably isn't a Chychrun away and it's easier to rely and gamble on guys like Clarke and Turcotte, they're essentially free.

For us his contract fits our timeline well enough that I don't feel the need to trade him and I don't think we've seen his peak yet, something that Clarke may never hit. Or maybe he will. Who knows. I just prefer the known quantity of what we have in Chychrun right now.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You are entitle to your opinion, but it does not mean you are correct.
That’s true. As bad as the Kings are, I’m sure he’ll get his shoulder tapped this season. And if not, just more fuel to the “we missed on that pick” train.

I’ve seen several Kings fans willing to include Turcotte in trade proposals. You don’t see that with Deroit and Sieder. Avs and Byram. Blackhawks and Dach. Ducks and Zegras. Buffalo and Cozens.

where there is smoke.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
That’s true. As bad as the Kings are, I’m sure he’ll get his shoulder tapped this season. And if not, just more fuel to the “we missed on that pick” train.

I’ve seen several Kings fans willing to include Turcotte in trade proposals. You don’t see that with Deroit and Sieder. Avs and Byram. Blackhawks and Dach. Ducks and Zegras. Buffalo and Cozens.

where there is smoke.
You're an idiot jus stop

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

where there is smoke.

You are willfully ignorant and completely ignored that point from my last post.

Kings fans ARENT throwing him into trade proposals. I Asked you to show your work--surprise, you didn't.

Those franchises don't have better prospects at those positions, where LA has Byfield--and no one WANTS to trade Turcotte, but working within the confined premise of the thread, you have to give to get. You can tell me you wouldn't give up Byram in a trade for Chychrun, but it would make sense in the context of this thread.

Reactions: kinghock

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

where there is smoke.

None of those teams have a comparable replacement for said player. LA isn’t shopping Turcotte and they view him as a culture changer similar to Richards. There’s a reason the Reign went on a streak when he returned from injury. He’s a line driver that makes his teammates better. People who watch the game know his value…

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

where there is smoke.

Yeah, because those teams are piss poor if it comes to prospect depth.
They can't include whatever they want because they don't have it.

We have all the riches and we can include anyone we want if the returning assets are to our liking.
Those players involved in trades are not less valuable because they are in trade proposals.

Beside that, we are descend people and wouldn't want other teams get the burden of our failed prospects.
So no need including Turcotte into any conversation at all

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

where there is smoke.

You have seen several Kings fans were willing to include Turcotte in trade proposals for young elite dynamic defender only.
It is not the case anymore after Kings drafted Clarke.

By the way willing to include Turcotte in trades was not initiated by LA fans.
It was Kings fans responses to fair trade proposals for elite defenders from fans of other teams.
P.S.LA fans cannot be hold responsible for explanation of refusal fans from other teams to include their prospects in fair hockey trades.
It is their problem.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

where there is smoke.

Well, let's see why.....Detroit - no visible replacement for Sieder, Avs - no visible replacement for Byram, Blackhawks, no visible replace for Dach, Ducks, no visibile replacement for Zegras, Buffalo, no visible replacement for Cozens.

Man, after that, no visibile replacement was easy to type, it kept coming up, almost like.....it was a trend.

LA however, has MULTIPLE replacements for Turcotte......

Let's think on that....no worries, we know it's not your strong suit, so surely there will be people here to help you out on that.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

where there is smoke.

You know what they say about assuming...

That's a thing because we have a deeper prospect pool than all of those teams. You have to give to get, and when we have Byfield, Kupari, Pinelli, Vilardi, Madden, Thomas, etc. we can afford it. You trade from a position of strength, and Byfield and Turcotte are our strongest blue chip centers. I don't think it's controversial to say that Turcotte is both a blue chip prospect and that Byfield is more valuable than he is.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Okay, we don't have to beat a dead horse here. Turcotte is good, LA isn't looking to move him, but Byfield makes Turcotte potentially expendable if we can return a high-end left-handed defenseman. There's also a pretty good chance Turcotte becomes LA's first-line left winger in a year or two, pacifying the "Kings should draft a winger" cadre.

In two years, LA could look like this:

Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Kempe - Kopitar - Vilardi
Iafallo - Danault - Arvidsson

That'd be pretty cool for me.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
As great as "we already had his dad... twice" Chickybaby is, and as much as I'm lukewarm at best about "might not even be as good as his dad" Turcotte...

I'd really rather hang on to Clarke. This was a guy in the conversation for first overall until his league went kerfut and he wound up having to play in the Turkish Bathhouse league just to find any games. Let's see what he can do first. I gots me a good feeling.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Okay, we don't have to beat a dead horse here. Turcotte is good, LA isn't looking to move him, but Byfield makes Turcotte potentially expendable if we can return a high-end left-handed defenseman. There's also a pretty good chance Turcotte becomes LA's first-line left winger in a year or two, pacifying the "Kings should draft a winger" cadre.

In two years, LA could look like this:

Turcotte - Byfield - Kaliyev
Kempe - Kopitar - Vilardi
Iafallo - Danault - Arvidsson

That'd be pretty cool for me.

This has been said enough already. Not every center can be converted to winger.
Especially the guys we drafted were drafted for speed and playmaking abilities.
Villardi, Turcotte and Kupari are elite playmaker who make wingers score goals.
They are look and pass first and have an average shot at best.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
As great as "we already had his dad... twice" Chickybaby is, and as much as I'm lukewarm at best about "might not even be as good as his dad" Turcotte...

I'd really rather hang on to Clarke. This was a guy in the conversation for first overall until his league went kerfut and he wound up having to play in the Turkish Bathhouse league just to find any games. Let's see what he can do first. I gots me a good feeling.
Turkish bathhouse league… lmao.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
I’m not the delusional one trying to trade a recently drafted top 5 overall player. And prop up his value as I try to dump him for a upgrade.

these are Kings fans throwing him into proposals. You don’t trade away a 20 year old core player. One that is the elusive center. Especially when your team isn’t even a playoff team. You’re rebuilding.

unless you don’t actually think he’s going to be a core player. Not hard to read between these lines.
You are delusional if you think the original poster speaks for all Kings fans. As for Turcotte, I hope he fills the Arizona net with pucks.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I like that AZ if rebuilding, but if I'm Chychrun, why would I want to be around for it? He's 23. This means he's going to be spending all his prime years on a rebuilding team.

L.A. is on the cusp of finishing their rebuild.

I think this trade makes some sense.

Reactions: YP44 and EK392000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad