McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To LA:
Jakob Chychrun

To Arizona:
Alex Turcotte
Brandt Clarke

I assume there would need to be one more good piece coming back from LA but not too sure what they’re comfortable dealing in (picks, prospects, roster players).

Arizona does not have the talent to contend for the next 3 years at minimum. It seems like a waste to have Chychrun playing on a mediocre team when they could deal him and gain some high quality assets to help with the rebuild.

In this, they get a blue chip C prospect and a blue chip D prospect that will align a lot better with the emergence of Guenther, Soderstrom and whoever they draft next year.

LA is stocked on the right side but lack depth on the left side. This addresses that for them. They also have Kopitar, Danault and Byfield up the middle, so Turcotte is a luxury they can afford to give up in the right trade.

I know LA adds here, but does this work as a basis for Arizona?
If I’m Arizona, I counter that with Byfield and Clarke.

Turcotte has been disappointing. His value has declined vs his draft peers.

Chychrun is coming off an impressive season. He’s a legit #1 D.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
they can ask but this would be too much IMO
Pay to play. The other offer would be not enough. Turcotte isn’t that interesting of a prospect. He’s underwhelmed. Is his ceiling middle six C? It may be.

Seems like this deal was initiated by LA so they are going to pay up for it.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
ok dude we get it you hate turcotte.
I don’t hate him. He’s just not progressing like his 2019 draft peers. He doesn’t look like a player they should have gone 5th overall. He’ll probably carve out a solid NHL career. But he looks more Tyson Jost than Mikko Rantanan. Is he a poor man’s Sean Monahan? A Danault? I don’t know. He doesn’t look anything like a 1C so far. Not even close. He was a meh AHL player in his d+2 season.

it’s not a crime to call it fairly. The reason Turcottes name keeps showing up in trades is that LA fans are ok trading him. Putting him in these deals. Because he’s been underwhelming so far.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If this was a consideration, the Kings would not have signed Edler.

The roster spots and cap don't work.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
I don’t hate him. He’s just not progressing like his 2019 draft peers. He doesn’t look like a player they should have gone 5th overall. He’ll probably carve out a solid NHL career. But he looks more Tyson Jost than Mikko Rantanan.

it’s not a crime to call it fairly. The reason Turcottes name keeps showing up in trades is that LA fans are ok trading him. Putting him in these deals. Because he’s been underwhelming so far.
lol ok youre done.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I don’t hate him. He’s just not progressing like his 2019 draft peers. He doesn’t look like a player they should have gone 5th overall. He’ll probably carve out a solid NHL career. But he looks more Tyson Jost than Mikko Rantanan.

Injuries are the only reason. He's been productive and a line driver when healthy. He started slow in the AHL but was great the last half. He was awesome at World Jr. and a huge reason for Zegras success. Zegras didn't have to worry about the little things because his Turcotte did the dirty work.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’m not the delusional one trying to trade a recently drafted top 5 overall player. And prop up his value as I try to dump him for a upgrade.

these are Kings fans throwing him into proposals. You don’t trade away a 20 year old core player. One that is the elusive center. Especially when your team isn’t even a playoff team. You’re rebuilding.

unless you don’t actually think he’s going to be a core player. Not hard to read between these lines.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don’t hate him. He’s just not progressing like his 2019 draft peers. He doesn’t look like a player they should have gone 5th overall. He’ll probably carve out a solid NHL career. But he looks more Tyson Jost than Mikko Rantanan. Is he a poor man’s Sean Monahan? A Danault? I don’t know. He doesn’t look anything like a 1C so far. Not even close. He was a meh AHL player in his d+2 season.

the reason Turcotte's name keeps showing up is because of how deep LA's center prospect pool is. If LA didn't draft Byfield no chance Turcotte is mentioned here.
Same reason why Kupari's name is out there too. Love Kupari but makes sense to move him for upgrade elsewhere.

What you are describing is more Madden than Turcotte.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

In Arizona yes,

That doesn't mean he is top notch somewhere else.
Beside that, the job of a #1D is to dish out the pain to opponents, not being on the receiving end.
His bones are made of glass and he is already paying the price with being injured half a season every year.

Counter an already loop sided proposal with Byfield is so blind, not even Jesus could heal you

Reactions: kinghock

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If I thought that the Kings were exactly one Chychrun away from winning the cup in the next two seasons, I'd do it. But with LA still being a few years away from real contention, I'd rather take the chance on Turcotte and Clarke reaching their potential. Chychrun's worth it though, a solid proposal that hurts both teams significantly.

Last edited:

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
They could send Maata back the other way and I'm pretty sure that would make the cap work.

The cap yes, but not the roster spots. There would still be anderson, bjornfot, and edler on the left side plus clague. Two would now be surplus.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

3hOr.gif

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Pay to play. The other offer would be not enough. Turcotte isn’t that interesting of a prospect. He’s underwhelmed. Is his ceiling middle six C? It may be.

You are not correct.
I do not believe this deal was initiated by LA.
EK392000 is not Kings fan.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
There is only one D man I will give up 2 top 10 picks or prospects including Byfield, and then some for, and it's not Chychrun. Too bad he is not a LD.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I’m not the delusional one trying to trade a recently drafted top 5 overall player. And prop up his value as I try to dump him for a upgrade.

these are Kings fans throwing him into proposals.
You don’t trade away a 20 year old core player. One that is the elusive center. Especially when your team isn’t even a playoff team. You’re rebuilding.

unless you don’t actually think he’s going to be a core player. Not hard to read between these lines.

1. Go ahead and link all the threads where Kings fans keep throwing out Turcotte. I'll wait, because you'll be looking a LONG time.

2. La isn't "ok" trading him but realizing--based on the premise of the thread that we'd be going for it immediately with Kopitar/Danault/Byfield down the middle and augmenting Doughty with Chychrun--you have to give to get. High end player deserves high end pieces and LA is absolutely flush with centers. You're reading too much into it.

3. I think it's fair to question Turcotte's progression but you're ignorant of the nuance (mostly injury). When back from injury, he was playing like an absolute madman. Calling his CEILING a middle-sixer is just delusional. Pretending he's not a core prospect because he's included in a deal for CHYCHRUN (as if he's not a similarly core player) is a 'you' problem due to over-inference.

You can not want to do the deal and I think that's fair, we can all split hairs and see-saw the value and it seems like neither fanbase would be comfortable with the situation even if the value is there. But just say you don't like Turcotte/don't think he'll reach his potential and walk away instead of spewing nonsense you know nothing about and won't be able to back up with evidence.

Edit: Oh, you're an avs fan, so you probably saw his name for Byram in a similar move and made the conclusion leap. Am I right?

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

I see you're enjoying your Rocky Mountain oysters while getting drunk off Fat Tire.

Reactions: kinghock

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
1. Go ahead and link all the threads where Kings fans keep throwing out Turcotte. I'll wait, because you'll be looking a LONG time.

2. La isn't "ok" trading him but realizing--based on the premise of the thread that we'd be going for it immediately with Kopitar/Danault/Byfield down the middle and augmenting Doughty with Chychrun--you have to give to get. High end player deserves high end pieces and LA is absolutely flush with centers. You're reading too much into it.

3. I think it's fair to question Turcotte's progression but you're ignorant of the nuance (mostly injury). When back from injury, he was playing like an absolute madman. Calling his CEILING a middle-sixer is just delusional. Pretending he's not a core prospect because he's included in a deal for CHYCHRUN (as if he's not a similarly core player) is a 'you' problem due to over-inference.

You can not want to do the deal and I think that's fair, we can all split hairs and see-saw the value and it seems like neither fanbase would be comfortable with the situation even if the value is there. But just say you don't like Turcotte/don't think he'll reach his potential and walk away instead of spewing nonsense you know nothing about and won't be able to back up with evidence.

Edit: Oh, you're an avs fan, so you probably saw his name for Byram in a similar move and made the conclusion leap. Am I right?
Byram is actually progressing really well. Several outlets were projecting his as a possible team Canada player at the next Olympics after he played as well as he did out of the gate. Took a really dirty hit from a Vegas goon and ended his year. But Byram, like Dach, Cozens, Seider and Zegras look like they’ll all be good NHL players.

It’s really just Turcotte that is being left behind from that middle part of the top 10. He’s been far less impressive than his draft day peers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad