Proposal: ARI-LA

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
To LA:
Jakob Chychrun

To Arizona:
Alex Turcotte
Brandt Clarke

I assume there would need to be one more good piece coming back from LA but not too sure what they’re comfortable dealing in (picks, prospects, roster players).

Arizona does not have the talent to contend for the next 3 years at minimum. It seems like a waste to have Chychrun playing on a mediocre team when they could deal him and gain some high quality assets to help with the rebuild.

In this, they get a blue chip C prospect and a blue chip D prospect that will align a lot better with the emergence of Guenther, Soderstrom and whoever they draft next year.

LA is stocked on the right side but lack depth on the left side. This addresses that for them. They also have Kopitar, Danault and Byfield up the middle, so Turcotte is a luxury they can afford to give up in the right trade.

I know LA adds here, but does this work as a basis for Arizona?

Reactions: David Lunch

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Well, at least you offered a solid return. But I still don't think it lands Chychrun. He's just not for sale.

Last edited:

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I think the Yotes need some good vets to play big minutes and avoid throwing their youth to the wolves the next few seasons. However if they were going to move Chycrun, Turcotte+Clarke is a solid offer.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The coyotes need at least ONE foundational piece, maybe two. Don’t see them trading Chychrun (as close to untouchable as it gets) and Keller unless they find a better deal for him.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Agree and if I was LA just stay the course why give up two players who could be both contributing within 2 to 3 years for one player

Reactions: kinghock

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Agree and if I was LA just stay the course why give up two players who could be both contributing within 2 to 3 years for one player
I think LA wants to take a few more runs at the cup under Kopitar. I also think that trading Turcotte and Clarke are preferable currency for them because of how deep the prospect pool is at C and the three solid RD they already have.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Pretty solid proposal. I'd seriously consider it as a Kings fan.
A young, 1st pair, LHD. He's one of the few guys in the league I'd make that type of offer for.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
3 weeks ago I'd have told you no but now I'm not so sure. That's a solid offer. If you put in another good piece like you mentioned, it would be something I couldn't refuse I'd imagine.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I mean when it's all said and done, I think turcotte+ Clarke will be more valuable than chycrun alone. I'd 100% do it. Especially if they aren't winning any time soon anyway....

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'd probably do it because I am confident in our drafting even as the team improves and we get later picks. I love Turcotte, and I think he and Clarke are our #2 and #3 prospects, and so you could say the price might be too rich based off of that. However, Chychrun is on an insane cap hit for what he brings to the table as a legitimate 1LD. He also fits the age group that we are thinnest in due to all of our mortgaging of assets during the Cup run years.

Tough call for sure, but good thinking.

Reactions: funky

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
To LA:
Jakob Chychrun

To Arizona:
Alex Turcotte
Brandt Clarke

I assume there would need to be one more good piece coming back from LA but not too sure what they’re comfortable dealing in (picks, prospects, roster players).

And i assume you are out of your mind.
Clarke was just drafted to fill the hole we try to fill within the next 3 years.
If everything goes right, he will be a way better player than Chyrun.

Why we add another blue chip like Turcotte who will also be a better overall player than Chyrun is far beyond me, not to mention adding another major piece.

Beside that Chyron is in his 6th season right now and didn't play a single 80+ games season.
I have little to no interest in a defender who misses half a season on a constant base.

Last edited:

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
LA certainly has the prospect depth to go land a super premium LHD. Chychrun or Dahlin would be the sort of outrageous 'never available' names that could be in play.
Dahlin, probably not. He doesn't get the attention he deserves in Buffalo. With the Jones, Heiskanen, Makar contracts, he'll likely get paid minimum $8.5 million. Chychrun makes half of that.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
And i assume you are out of your mind.
Clarke was just drafted to fill the hole we try to fill within the next 3 years.
If everything goes right, he will be a way better player than Chyrun.

Why we add another blue chip like Turcotte who will also be a better overall player than Chyrun is far beyond me, not to mention adding another major piece.

Beside that Chyron is in his 6th season right now and didn't play a single 80+ games season.
I have little to no interest in a defender who misses half a season on a constant base.

I hope Clarke tuns into Chychrun, but no guarantee

Reactions: BringTheReign

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
To LA:
Jakob Chychrun

To Arizona:
Alex Turcotte
Brandt Clarke

Arizona does not have the talent to contend for the next 3 years at minimum. It seems like a waste to have Chychrun playing on a mediocre team when they could deal him and gain some high quality assets to help with the rebuild.

In this, they get a blue chip C prospect and a blue chip D prospect that will align a lot better with the emergence of Guenther, Soderstrom and whoever they draft next year.

LA is stocked on the right side but lack depth on the left side. This addresses that for them. They also have Kopitar, Danault and Byfield up the middle, so Turcotte is a luxury they can afford to give up in the right trade.

I know LA adds here, but does this work as a basis for Arizona?

Non-typical HFB trade proposal...value is about right but not the cap.

Tweaking your deal...Turcotte, Clarke and Maata for Chychrun. I think that fits.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I wouldn't trade Chychrun for that. Value might be okay or even more than Chychruns value is.

Young 1D is just so hard to get and Chychrun is that on a sweetheart deal based on last season. Only way i trade him is if he asks for trade or someones offer is just too good to pass on

Reactions: BringTheReign

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad