Confirmed Trade: [ARI/FLA] Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, and 2024 2nd round pick for 2023 7th round pick

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I mean we packed the house as we were winning: that’s the big thing. It’s not a falsity to say that the Florida and Arizona are in very different places right now

right now Arizona is in a transition phase. I’m excited to see what BA does. But i don’t think any older player wants to be a part of the rebuild if they won’t be part of the future success.
Agreed.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Eh, no one likes moving and I could see him preferring being ina more competitive market. Add in the limited trade protection and the Coyotes would likely move him at the deadline. Not an ideal situation for him

I can see Zito paying ARI to retain and he goes somewhere closer to home, maybe NSH or CAR.

Gudbranson is a UFA in NSH, they have Myers, Fabbro and Benning as their RD, adding Stralman with retention may work. Stralman > Benning

CAR may lose Hamilton but Stralman could slide up their 2nd and 3rd pairings. Pesce becomes their #1 RD.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Stralman was OEL’s d partner on the Swedish National team and they played well together. He also has an opportunity to mentor Soderstrom a young Swedish RHD.

I wouldn’t assume he wouldn’t waive for Arizona.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
:laugh: arizona is stealing all of the kraken dump picks.
Maybe Seattle didn't want Ladd. Or Lou wasn't offering enough. The NYI/Arizona trade strikes me as the kind of deal Francis would turn down because either Lou didn't offer enough or they didn't want conditions on the picks.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So what does this look like, given it includes Capobianco? He’s not nothing. Is this Capo for Stralman and a 2nd? Or is it a 1st? Two 2nds? I have no idea?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe Seattle didn't want Ladd. Or Lou wasn't offering enough. The NYI/Arizona trade strikes me as the kind of deal Francis would turn down because either Lou didn't offer enough or they didn't want conditions on the picks.
The conditions on the 2nd are that Arizona gets whichever is better. Lol. Don’t thunk Franny would have an issue there. Haha.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
The conditions on the 2nd are that Arizona gets whichever is better. Lol. Don’t thunk Franny would have an issue there. Haha.
oops - that's not how I read the condition. OK. But it still doesn't seem like enough.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, Arizona needs D. They also need draft capital, which they are starting to acquire with these moves.

If they can get Cats to send them Stralman & another draft pick, Arizona can probably trade him at deadline with retention and get even more picks.

It's how you rebuild a team & quite quickly too.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Two 2nds and a 3rd for a guy on the back end of a front loaded deal with his bonus already paid? Lol. Uhhh…it’s pretty dang good my man!
Depends on what the other deals are. Lots we don't know. This deal didn't make it to the Seattle pile for a reason.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So what does this look like, given it includes Capobianco? He’s not nothing. Is this Capo for Stralman and a 2nd? Or is it a 1st? Two 2nds? I have no idea?

Id hope Zito retains a mill.
Brings the cash down a bit from $4.5 mil owing.
Think a 2023 2nd and depth prospect/AHL player would do.

Stralman can still play and you can retain at deadline and flip him for assets too. Or re-sign for another year as stopgap.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
So I'm assuming Stralman isn't going to be protected and Florida is trying to get rid of him for something?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Doesn’t seem at all worth the trouble.

I don't see a 1st at all but not sure we use the 2021 2nd as we don't have a 3rd already.
That's why I think Zito retains a bit to drop the sweetener added. They already paid his million dollar signing bonus

Maybe Zito buys retention from ARI for a 2022 3rd (750-900k) or something like that? Stralman has been on east coast his whole career and his family is set up there.

Think CAR or NSH make more sense if he's retained, both closer to his home in FLA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad