Confirmed Trade: [ARI/FLA] Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, and 2024 2nd round pick for 2023 7th round pick

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
If Arizona is going full rebuild would they trade Chychurn for 9th overall and a small cap dump?
Doubt it. Chych is still young enough where he'll be in his prime once we turn the corner and get good. He'll be a big reason why.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Easy Panthers fan. Lets not get too close to that kettle now.
With all due respect, I don't think the Panthers have ever been as big of a mess as the Coyotes have been since the failed 2015 tank for McDavid/Eichel.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
With all due respect, I don't think the Panthers have ever been as big of a mess as the Coyotes have been since the failed 2015 tank for McDavid/Eichel.
They absolutely have, we both know that. As far as on ice performance its a wash. You guys are just trending up. As far as financials, they both have been equally as embarrassing and lets not get started on the attendance issue's.

They're both bottom league franchises.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don’t. I felt bad for them when Chayka was spending all their assets to not make the playoffs. Bill Armstrong has come in with a bare cupboard and is doing a great job stock piling draft capital. 3 2nds this year and next and will likely add more draft picks for cap dumps and possibly a Garland trade.
please don’t make mention of the C word.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
They absolutely have, we both know that. As far as on ice performance its a wash. You guys are just trending up. As far as financials, they both have been equally as embarrassing and lets not get started on the attendance issue's.

They're both bottom league franchises.
Got to disagree on attendance at least this year.

not sure why the comparisons are going on: right now , an older player probably wouldn’t want to be rebuilding so Arizona is less appealing

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Arizona has been taking on bad contracts for what feels like 15 years now, when are they going to try and compete and win hockey games?
They were competitive in the early 2010s.
The problem was that they were shitty drafters before Chayka came along, which delayed them from getting off the ground. And then when Chayka arrived he just completely f***ed everything up.

I mean from 2013-2015 (years they didn't make the playoffs) only the following draft picks have even played 82 NHL games:
Domi, Perlini, Dvoark, Garland, Fischer, Strome

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

not sure why the comparisons are going on: right now , an older player probably wouldn’t want to be rebuilding so Arizona is less appealing
Stralman only had a M-NTC, so if FLA didn't want him, he was going to get moved. Despite AZ likely being a bad team, if you are going to lose, it's not a bad city to be in. No media/fans to get on you and it's good weather during the NHL season between Oct-Apr. 1 final year to finish up the contract and call it a career.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Stralman only had a M-NTC, so if FLA didn't want him, he was going to get moved. Despite AZ likely being a bad team, if you are going to lose, it's not a bad city to be in. No media/fans to get on you and it's good weather during the NHL season between Oct-Apr. 1 final year to finish up the contract and call it a career.
Eh, no one likes moving and I could see him preferring being ina more competitive market. Add in the limited trade protection and the Coyotes would likely move him at the deadline. Not an ideal situation for him

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona

You cant even count this years attendance, thats ridiculous. I am not trying to compare, but when a Florida Panthers fan comes in with a remark like that (albeit true haha) is calling the kettle black.

I like the Panthers to. I like their fans, theres nothing i dislike about em, so nothing against the franchise.

Reactions: MPGA and kerrabria

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don’t. I felt bad for them when Chayka was spending all their assets to not make the playoffs. Bill Armstrong has come in with a bare cupboard and is doing a great job stock piling draft capital. 3 2nds this year and next and will likely add more draft picks for cap dumps and possibly a Garland trade.
It's good unless in a few years they are still sending good players away cause they don't want to pay them...like Garland ..

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
You cant even count this years attendance, thats ridiculous. I am not trying to compare, but when a Florida Panthers fan comes in with a remark like that (albeit true haha) is calling the kettle black.

I like the Panthers to. I like their fans, theres nothing i dislike about em, so nothing against the franchise.
I mean we packed the house as we were winning: that’s the big thing. It’s not a falsity to say that the Florida and Arizona are in very different places right now

right now Arizona is in a transition phase. I’m excited to see what BA does. But i don’t think any older player wants to be a part of the rebuild if they won’t be part of the future success.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It's good unless in a few years they are still sending good players away cause they don't want to pay them...like Garland ..

I mean the Yotes lack highend talent badly. Aside from maybe Chychrun there really is noone there that qualifies as star player. Garland might be somewhat close but not really.

With the new lottery rules and two very strong drafts coming up, this is by far the smartest thing they can do.
If they get 2-3 studs in over the next 2-3 drafts and via trades, the team might all of a sudden look appealing and up and coming to a guy like Matthews.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I honestly believe Garland is on the block because his value is at an all time high and Arizona is in a state of needing picks/young players. They got the most value out of Garland on a cheap deal. Now that he needs to be paid and they aren’t going to compete, might as well look around and see what other teams are willing to offer for him.

As another poster stated, they made moves over the last 4 years that were “going for it” moves. They signed a core of younger players to deals to keep them in Arizona. They’ll do it again when the time is right. It’s just unfortunate for Garland and the fans that the time isn’t now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad