Confirmed Trade: [ARI/FLA] Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, and 2024 2nd round pick for 2023 7th round pick

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
We're not if you dig into it. Without context, yea it looks like we're doing the same.

I was not on board with moving OEL and Garland but here we are. I say we give 1 good shot at a top 3 pick at this point and then build up. Our prospect pool will hopefully be back on track, just need that top flight center now.
:naughty: Eichel for 6 second round picks and Chycrun.

Reactions: Spektre

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Looking like free agent bonanza... Or they want to take advantage of teams that go on a free agent bonanza? I guess better deals when there's less teams weaponizing their cap?

The problem is that some teams have already gotten ahead of their cap problems, so there are fewer suitors.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Arizona has been absolutely crushing their rebuild since Armstrong took over.

I still think they would have been better off moving Garland separately from OEL. But that seems to be just me.

Every other move has been great. A rebuild requires roster turnover. The trick is getting assets when they come in and when they leave. Stralman arrives with a pick, then retain on him at the TDL to get another pick. Repeat.

Everyone loves the term "weaponizing cap space." But it's more than that. They're "weaponizing" roster spots as well. Stralman and Ghost, for example, get opportunities and playing time on this team that they don't get other places. So they potentially build up value by putting them in a favourable roster spot.

A+ on the rebuild.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

I still think they would have been better off moving Garland separately from OEL. But that seems to be just me.

Every other move has been great. A rebuild requires roster turnover. The trick is getting assets when they come in and when they leave. Stralman arrives with a pick, then retain on him at the TDL to get another pick. Repeat.

Everyone loves the term "weaponizing cap space." But it's more than that. They're "weaponizing" roster spots as well. Stralman and Ghost, for example, get opportunities and playing time on this team that they don't get other places. So they potentially build up value by putting them in a favourable roster spot.

A+ on the rebuild.
Agreed. Definitely high marks for realizing the reality. So many other wannabe teams still trying to cling on to false hope and never really having a chance. ....what about Phil Kessel?

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

A+ on the rebuild.
This.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I thought Stralman had fallen off a cliff?

The effort and hockey IQ are still there, but it's clear that his body can't handle the minutes anymore. He was very good in the playoff series against Tampa after he was rested for the back half of the season. I think he might have one season left as a quality player in a limited role.

But I suspect this might be his last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00